Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

This is a discussion on Beretta / Stoeger Cougar within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I keep finding these at one of the local shops - the Stoeger version. I've yet to shoot one but it seems like a solid ...

Thread: Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

I keep finding these at one of the local shops - the Stoeger version. I've yet to shoot one but it seems like a solid gun, maybe something I'd be interested in getting along with the 92fs. I started looking at holsters and such and noticed that I can find listings for the Beretta but not the Stoeger. I know Stoeger is a Beretta brand and they're made on the same machinery as the original Cougar but is everything identical? Would the Stoeger still fit in a Beretta holster?

2. Remove Ads

Terrific gun. My Stoeger Cougar 9mm in the most reliable pistol I own. So far only Tulamo has produced FTLs. Many boxes of Wolf, Winchester, Magtec, Aguila, Blazer, and others without a single FTE/FTF/FTE. And, yes, it fits any olster for a Berreta Cougar 8000.

Two thumbs up for my Stoger Cougar 9mm ....tac driver , great Beretta design, 15+ 1 - I have had no issues at all with ammo :) stupid simple take down and reliable . Mine even has a Bottom rail :) shoots smooth - a bit heavy overall weight but I like that .

Distinguished Member
    I have both a Beretta cougar 8040 and a Stoeger cougar 8040. Both are wonderful guns and easy to carry. I use a VM-II holster. Each has at least 2500 rounds through them by now and they are flawless. No significant differences between the two.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Links