Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

This is a discussion on Beretta / Stoeger Cougar within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I keep finding these at one of the local shops - the Stoeger version. I've yet to shoot one but it seems like a solid ...

Thread: Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

Beretta / Stoeger Cougar

I keep finding these at one of the local shops - the Stoeger version. I've yet to shoot one but it seems like a solid gun, maybe something I'd be interested in getting along with the 92fs. I started looking at holsters and such and noticed that I can find listings for the Beretta but not the Stoeger. I know Stoeger is a Beretta brand and they're made on the same machinery as the original Cougar but is everything identical? Would the Stoeger still fit in a Beretta holster?

Terrific gun. My Stoeger Cougar 9mm in the most reliable pistol I own. So far only Tulamo has produced FTLs. Many boxes of Wolf, Winchester, Magtec, Aguila, Blazer, and others without a single FTE/FTF/FTE. And, yes, it fits any olster for a Berreta Cougar 8000.

Two thumbs up for my Stoger Cougar 9mm ....tac driver , great Beretta design, 15+ 1 - I have had no issues at all with ammo :) stupid simple take down and reliable . Mine even has a Bottom rail :) shoots smooth - a bit heavy overall weight but I like that .

VIP Member
    I have both a Beretta cougar 8040 and a Stoeger cougar 8040. Both are wonderful guns and easy to carry. I use a VM-II holster. Each has at least 2500 rounds through them by now and they are flawless. No significant differences between the two.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Sponsored Links