Glock 19. Never thought I'd see the day

This is a discussion on Glock 19. Never thought I'd see the day within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...where I would call 6 local gun shops and have them all be flush out. I want a higher capacity, bigger gun to carry during ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glock 19. Never thought I'd see the day

...where I would call 6 local gun shops and have them all be flush out. I want a higher capacity, bigger gun to carry during the winter months and really want this gun. Being the impulse buyer that I am, I went home with a Glock 23 instead to be mostly used as a home defense gun.

Just curious if anybody else is in a Glock 19 drought or maybe has any idea as to when we will see the shelves full again. I'm just hoping the G19 doesn't become the next Shield.

Glad I got mine a few months back. Absolutely love my Gen4 G19, I will never part with it. Nothing wrong with the G23 either as far as that goes.
    ironmike86 and ironmike86 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I have both and love both. You can't go wrong with a G23. However if you still want the 19 just hang in there. After all the panic buying dies down they will become plentiful again.

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    Just curious if anybody else is in a Glock 19 drought ...
    EliteDealSeeker.com might help find one for you.

There are some G17 and G19 pistols available as police trade-ins, here and there. (ie, SummitGunBroker.com, used G17.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Anyone looking for a 19 right now will find slim pickings at the gun stores, at least the six I have visited during the past couple weeks. I got the last M&P 9mm in the store at Sportsman's Den in Shelby, Ohio Saturday. There are still some .40s in the Glock/M&P platforms, but the nines have become very scarce.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

How are the G30SF's looking in Ohio right now? I'm hoping to pick up one next month.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Glad I got mine a few months back. Absolutely love my Gen4 G19, I will never part with it. Nothing wrong with the G23 either as far as that goes.
    given the fact that people are freaking out and buying ammo and guns like crazy, I am glad I chose a G27 in 40 S&W some months back. Seems every place I go to is fresh out of 9mm and .45acp ammo, but always have at least a few boxes of 40 laying around. I am getting a G23 to add to my collection too.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    How are the G30SF's looking in Ohio right now? I'm hoping to pick up one next month.
    Hard to say what next month will bring, but these are the places I would look:
    Sportsmans Den
    Fin, Feather and Fur Outfitters
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Check out armslist.com--- there are always G 19's listed.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    I used to see used G19's in our local want-ads all the time. I was sorely tempted to pick up a second one, and now regret putting it off.

At least I didn't procrastinate everything. My hunting buddies who used to think my ammo cache was a little nuts, are now seeing the light.

P.S. When Bass Pro had a sale last month, I loaded up on the boxes of 250 9mm's. The price was good and I'm glad I did it. As to the run on guns: for the first time at my local Target World there was a long line at the rifle section and the sign read: " Limit of 2
    AR's per person." Wow!
    Buckeye00 likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    EliteDealSeeker.com might help find one for you.

There are some G17 and G19 pistols available as police trade-ins, here and there. (ie, SummitGunBroker.com, used G17.)
    Unfortunately, the link to Summit Gun Broker lists this little item as sold out.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I'll sell you my EDC GLOCK 19. It has run perfectly since I've owned it. I'm just bored with it being so easy to use, easy to clean, all those damn bullets it holds, and I never get to clear any malfunctions. I need something with more drama and excitement.

Yeah right, my GLOCK 19 is not going anywhere well except for the places I go!

Good luck in finding one, they are the cherry on top of the cream of the crop.
    WHEC724, FlaRon and bigmacque like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

LOL! I feel your pain brother! I contacted every LGS from Florida to South Carolina, even tried to get ahold of Glock themselves in order to get the LEO price to no avail. I was forced to settle with a 1911. lol

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    given the fact that people are freaking out and buying ammo and guns like crazy, I am glad I chose a G27 in 40 S&W some months back. Seems every place I go to is fresh out of 9mm and .45acp ammo, but always have at least a few boxes of 40 laying around. I am getting a G23 to add to my collection too.
    I know whatcha mean. I just stopped at my favorite GS and they were completely outta 9mm and .40 S&W... Makes me glad I had a small stock pile from last year..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links