Taurus PT745 discontinued?

This is a discussion on Taurus PT745 discontinued? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My dealer said as far as he knows it's not discontinued and he can order them but Taurus website shows discontinued the PT745. Does anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT745 discontinued?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Taurus PT745 discontinued?

My dealer said as far as he knows it's not discontinued and he can order them but Taurus website shows discontinued the PT745. Does anyone know what's up wit dat?

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

I don't know but maybe he can order them until the supply runs out. If indeed you want one and he can get them I suggest do it now just in case they are discontinued.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I have one. It's the Pt 754 PRO MILLENNIUM model. Feel free to make an offer as I no longer will carry any short barrel short slide action 45's. Probably has less than 50 rounds through it. I'll stick with Colt these days.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

ill give you 250 for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
    ill give you 250 for it!
    I sold my PT24/7 Pro Duo-Tone 45 ACP about two years ago for about the same price($260). It did not have more than 200rds. thru it. The guy I sold it to knew it was a good deal also.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    With respect to "armycorp" this was his post and my offer was to him/her. I'll wait to see if i get a personal message as this is the wrong forum for sales. If I don't get a message in a day or so I'll contact you privately. BTW it is the SS model. I've found them new on line at about $390 @ gunbroker.com
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I used to want that gun. It felt good when I was holding it but I never shot one. Is it a dependable gun? I've heard all kinds of stories about Taurus guns from good to bad.

Davidson's Gallery of Guns has 99+ PT745's in stock in Blue slide, and 99+ in stock of the stainless steel slide.
    just downloaded the Taurus online catalog, and there are no Millenium Pro anything shown.
    Appears they have dropped the old PT111, PT140,PT145, PT745.

as is usual with Taurus, you buy one of their guns, and tomorrow you are stuck with a discontinuted model. Try finding mags for one in a few years.
    Not happening.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have the PT745 Millenium Pro model with well over 2000 rounds through it. No problems what so ever.
    I carry it without reservation every day.

Tim

P.S. It's not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    With respect to "armycorp" this was his post and my offer was to him/her. I'll wait to see if i get a personal message as this is the wrong forum for sales. If I don't get a message in a day or so I'll contact you privately. BTW it is the SS model. I've found them new on line at about $390 @ gunbroker.com
    Thanks for the offer but I'm just looking / considering for future purchase. Probably gonna be a while when/if I do buy my next.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I'm just looking / considering for future purchase. Probably gonna be a while when/if I do buy my next.
    Out of curiosity, why would you go with the single stack 745 when the double stack 145 is the same width? I had one for a while and I actually really liked it. Primary reason I got rid of it was that I was moving away from defensive guns with manual safeties.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would you go with the single stack 745 when the double stack 145 is the same width? I had one for a while and I actually really liked it. Primary reason I got rid of it was that I was moving away from defensive guns with manual safeties.
    Maybe for the same reason I bought one. The 745 fit my hand much better than the 145 given that the grip widths are different. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I already have the PT145 and am just thinking about a second small .45 - going between the PT745 and KAHR PM45. Just thinking.

Thumbs up pt145

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    I used to want that gun. It felt good when I was holding it but I never shot one. Is it a dependable gun? I've heard all kinds of stories about Taurus guns from good to bad.
    I've had the pt145 with rail for a lil over a year I love it shots great dead shot with is I used it to qual for my ccw I love it so much I bought the pt111 for my wife to carry its a great buy

I don't know if it's discontinued but my distributor still has them so we are still carrying them in the store. They are excellent ultra-compact carry .45's. I have used them in CCW classes and they are super little pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links