Trying to narrow down pocket carry options...

This is a discussion on Trying to narrow down pocket carry options... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in the same boat you were when looking for an everyday carry pistol. I decided I wanted something pocketable ultimately, and as much ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trying to narrow down pocket carry options...

Re: Trying to narrow down pocket carry options...

I was in the same boat you were when looking for an everyday carry pistol. I decided I wanted something pocketable ultimately, and as much as I loved the idea of the lcp, I couldn't make myself love it when I held one. I went with an LCR in .38 and was very pleased.

Then I got into the capacity /caliber thing and impulse bought an m&pc .40. Ive pocket carried it too, much more printing in the pocket holster but its still very square like and you cant tell what it is, only that something is in my pocket. What annoyed me with it ultimately was the weight.

So anyway, the old faithful lcr is back on my pocket these days based on weight alone. The m&p compact is hardly retired, it just depends on the day. The LCR Prints a little but also not a distinct shape in a pocket holster and no one has ever noticed. I say if you're wanting 100% true concealment where no one can tell you have something on you at all, then get an LCP. There just isnt another gun in that price range that even comes close. But if that doesn't bother you, try something a little more pleasurable to shoot like an lcr/jframe or the Sig etc. I understand the odd feeling of the cocked and locked Sig, I felt strange pocket carrying my m&p chambered without a safety, but if you have a good pocket holster covering the trigger and you carry NOTHING else in that pocket, nothing will happen.

A lot of people are iffy on pocket carry for various reasons. I'm 27, 6'0 185 lbs in pretty good shape. I don't wear any special jeans, tailored jeans, or super high riding / deep pocketed 'old man' jeans (I mean no offense by that) and I carry comfortably in pairs of old navy boot cut jeans, Khakis etc. Hell the LCR even slips into gym shorts and sweats without notice.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Ads

I prefer my J frame in my front pocket and carry it most of the time. There are times (not many) when the J frame is too bulky in my pocket. For times such as the beach and church, I carry a Kahr P380 with FMJ's. I am sure it will do what it needs to if that day ever comes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links