New XDs 9mm - Video - Page 2

New XDs 9mm - Video

This is a discussion on New XDs 9mm - Video within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone else notice that the gun failed to lock back on the last round of the second group fired? I would also like to know ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New XDs 9mm - Video

Anyone else notice that the gun failed to lock back on the last round of the second group fired? I would also like to know why he would replace the Shield with the XDS as a carry gun? He did not explain.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    It was mentioned on page one (lock back issue).

And in his Shield and XD-S .45 reviews he goes over his reasons, the manual safety on the Shield is a deal breaker, and I agree with him (especially as a left handed shooter).

I had a 9mm Shield, great gun, but the XD-S is my choice as well.

might have to get one of them...
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    Anyone else notice that the gun failed to lock back on the last round of the second group fired?
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about it though. To be honest, this has happened to me with a number of the SC, Micro sized guns that I have shot, and after I've investigated I've found that the problem is ME not being careful/paying attention to where I positioned my thumbs while using a thumbs forward grip and after a few rounds my grip shifted enough to just bump or interfere with the slide stop. After I took more care in making sure that I didn't hit the slide stop I've not had anymore problems. I've even had this happend to me on a full size gun during rapid fire practice of a long string of shots and my grip sucked and the guns shifted. I'm not saying that that is what happened here but it seems likely given the fact that it is a micro sized gun, he's a pretty good sized guy and the gun is unfamiliar to him.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

VIP Member
    I've been waiting for the XDs 9mm. I like the XDs .45 but I'm really interested in the 9mm.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I've been wanting this for a while. I also noticed issues with the slide not locking back in the video.

And x2 on hoping the glock will follow suite

Glad to see the 9mm come out but it looks like they just took the 45 version and added polymer and steel to fill in for the smaller caliber.
    Result is that its actually heavier than the .45 version at 23 oz...4 oz heavier than a Shield and even a bit heavier than a G26.

thanks for the vid. I love the XDs, but have been waiting for the 9 to be introduced. Was hoping it would be at the SHOT Show.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by vaneasten View Post
    Glad to see the 9mm come out but it looks like they just took the 45 version and added polymer and steel to fill in for the smaller caliber.
    Result is that its actually heavier than the .45 version at 23 oz...4 oz heavier than a Shield and even a bit heavier than a G26.
    Ugh! Curious where you found specs of the 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Dimensions?
    I would like to know this also. I am hoping it's the same exact outer dimensions.....

Hope they make a .40 as well!

Quote Originally Posted by vanbo View Post
    Ugh! Curious where you found specs of the 9mm?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpUafOKyOOc

Here, Rob Leatham says same dimensions as the 45 but with a smaller bore, making the 45 actually 1 oz lighter.
    I still think its looks like a really nice piece but I wish they'd gone to the trouble of lightening it for the smaller caliber.

I have been waiting this will be added to the inventory

I did read somewhere that the XDs 9mm is 1" in width...

Don't recall off hand, but I believe the Shield is .95". DB9 is .80". I know the PM9 is .90". The G26 is 1.18". The XD subcompact has a slide width of 1.1", but I believe the frame is .1-.2" wider. This may not matter to some people, but it does to others.

Hey, I am a windows person with a new ipad for Christmas, does anyone else have an ipad? I cannot see the op's video and obviously everyone else can. Anything I can do to my ipad to turn on the ability to see it?

Edit: sorry found the answer it is flash and therefore will not work! How come I can't see videos in posts?
    Last edited by RockinRiley; January 17th, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Answer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links