Another Happy Kimber Owner

This is a discussion on Another Happy Kimber Owner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the range with my new Kimber Stainless Pro Carry 2. It shot great with no FTF. I have waited a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Another Happy Kimber Owner

I just got back from the range with my new Kimber Stainless Pro Carry 2. It shot great with no FTF. I have waited a long time to get a kimber (13 years), ever since my sister got her ultra carry cdp. My sisters cdp was the best, off the shelf pistol that I have ever shot. I kept looking, but did not want to spend the money on the cdp. I then called Kimber and asked if thier was any difference in the cdp vs pro carry 2, other than finish and color? And they said no difference at all. All the internals are exactly the same. I then found a new stainless pro carry with 2 extra pro-tac mags and a kimber range bag for $899 on gunbroker ( free shipping and no cc fees).

I had a hard time deciding between the ultra, compact, and the pro carry. The pro carries very nicely in the galco king tuk holster. My new procarry will be my daily carry pistol, and my berretta gets retired.
    Smarshe likes this.

Kimber Pro a good choice

I approve of your choice of a Kimber Pro model for carry. I bought a Kimber Pro CDP about 8 years ago and carried it for some time. It always worked perfectly, and gave me 8+1 rounds of a significant caliber. I finally decided to go with a Colt Defender, a shorter barrel, shorter grip 1911 that was somewhat easier to conceal than the Kimber. The Colt carries 1 round less ammo. But I still use the Kimber for range and home defense.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member
    Great looking gun. I would like to have a Super Carry Pro. Gotta wait. Bought too many guns lately. Congrats.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member

Congrats on the new Kimber 1911. They're great guns.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Awesome! A 1911 is never a bad choice. Glad it worked well. Seems Kimber worked out some kinks previously talked about. They are good looking guns IMO. I am looking into one for a 10mm pistol, as that is the only one, other than Glock that is on the Ca DOJ approved list.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Congrats on the kimber! I enjoy my 4" pro carry HD 2. Over 2k rounds, one recoil spring and MINIMAL FTF issues. It's a great firearm, Ill own it till I die.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358313662.350523.jpg

Congrats! Another happy Kimber owner. Am I surprised? No.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Sounds great!!

I too love the Kimbers. That gun carries really well too, I carried mine in the same holster. Accuracy is ridiculous as well. Good choice!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Congratulations on the purchase. I love Kimber's as well. Have owned two, and still have the Ultra Raptor II as my primary carry gun. Enjoy it friend.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Folks that know me know I love my Kimber Ultra Covert II.....Very happy to see you finally got one. Enjoy it!
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Welcome to the family. I too own a stainless pro carry (9mm), and just ordered a stainless ultra carry (.45). Excellent guns. Later if you are looking for things to add to it, look into sarges grips. I am getting a set of custom grips for the new gun, and Sarge's customer service was top notch.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I plan to get the crimson trace grips, and I need to find some good defense ammo. Any recommendation are welcome.

Congrats! I have that same pistol and love it too. Regarding ammo, my Kimbers have fed/functioned 100% on every type of SD ammo I've run through them. My personal favorite is Federal 230gr. HST followed closely by 230gr Gold Dot.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Hornady Critical Duty in mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links