Kel-tec P32 range report

This is a discussion on Kel-tec P32 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my new P32 to the range last night. Bought 150 rounds of S&B ammo. That's all the range had (only brand and 150 rounds ...

Thread: Kel-tec P32 range report

Kel-tec P32 range report

Took my new P32 to the range last night. Bought 150 rounds of S&B ammo. That's all the range had (only brand and 150 rounds is all they had). Put 125 rounds (kept 25 as carry ammo) through it with one stove pipe at about the 50 round mark. I had planned on cleaning the pistol every 50 rounds or so, during this range trip. But I had no reason to. I had packed some patches, rags, break-free, and some grease. Thinking that if I had problems I could clean the pistol and see if that helped. But I'm happy to say, I had no problems!

It shot great and at the 15-20 foot range that I set my targets I was keeping my groups in a softball sized area. Which is pretty good for me. All of my other pistols are SA right now. So getting a 4 to 5 inch groups with DAO and less then perfect sights is fine with me. I have 2 of the 7 round mags and a 10 rounder, I really like the 10 rounder. I could see myself carrying my KT IWB with the 10 round mag.

Very happy with my little .32 It's now sitting in my pocket as I type this up. :) I know the .32 is far from the best carry round but I'm very confident that if I had to, I could stop a threat if needed with it.
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; October 21st, 2006 at 09:30 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I'm glad to hear you are so happy with your P32. Yeah, it's far from the best caliber to carry for self defense but I wouldn't want to get shot with one! I'm thinking of picking up a second generation P3AT soon; hope I enjoy it as much as you do your P32! Shoot safe!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Administrator
    I've had a p32 for years now, its a favorite!

Just bought one yesterday with my new Kimber to pocket carry at work. Gonna break it in tomorrow. :)

Mine is an always gun. Always there. And the little booger shoots great. Enjoy yours.

Sixgun

don't let anyone tell you that the p32 is not a good carry gun. a p32 in hand is better than the 45acp back home or in the car. with a smaller gun you will carry it, why, because it is eazy to carry. i have seen many that leave the "big" gun in the car or back home because it is too heavy, to hard to hide, etc..... but with a p32 it will fit in your pocket just like your bill fold. get the good pocket holster and the kel-tec belt clip. the only thing i can say about the gun is to break it in and do the f&b that the kel-tec org site tells.

Just put my new Kel-Tec P32 through it's initial breakin today. It fed 50 rounds of Federal 71 grain and 50 rounds of WWB 71 grain like a champ. No FTF/FTE at all. I even let my mom shoot it because she liked the look of it. Still no problems there and she's never shot a handgun before. Great little pocket pistol at a great price.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I just cleared out my old carry ammo today out of my 5 year old 1st gen P32, and tested my new carry ammo. 17rds of hydro-shock and 8rds of winchester silver tip, not a single hickup. Then again, I don't think I can recall it ever having a failure.

Yeah they are cool little guns. I had a KT .380 but traded it a way. I regret trading it now. But the .32 is easier to shoot. And I like the slide lock on it. When the PF9 becomes available, I plan on getting one of those also.

I went to the range yesterday also. I set up four IDPA targets at various locations in the pit to do some drawing,shooting and reloading practice for an upcoming IDPA match. I was shooting a 1911 but as always the P-32 was holstered in my pocket.

After firing about 200 rounds of 45 ACP I started shooting the Kel-Tec. I would approach a target, draw from my pocket and put three or four rounds on one or two targets. As always it performed flawlessly and even though I was shooting pretty fast, I am always amazed at how accurate the little gun is at combat ranges and actually farther.

It is a great little gun.

I shoot and carry Fiocchi FMJ in mine.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i would recommend the RJ hedley pocket holster. It is a great holster and worth the money. I carry a p3at and if you do the F&B off the website, they are great, reliable, comfortable, easy firearm to carry. Is there anything better for the money? i don't think so.
    I am looking forward to the PF9....if it ever comes.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Links