Defensive Carry banner

Glock 27

6K views 46 replies 39 participants last post by  rugerista 
#1 ·
My CCW of choice,anyone else carry it?

#8 ·
I just picked up a G26 for my first CCW...getting used to it some and working out my carry set up (trying to conserve ammo too). I finally got it out to shoot this past weekend and loved it. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot so I'm happy with the purchase. I received some +0 pearce pinky grips and am gonna run a few rounds through them to see if they make much of a difference. The 50 rounds I ran through it this weekend fired great without the pinky grips. I didn't even realize my pinky was curled under.

Can't wait to start carrying some.

#18 ·
Extension grips on a G27 turn it into a G23... There's already very little size difference between the two. So, my personal opinion is carry the G27 "as is" but if you don't like the grip, just go with the G23.

Here's a pic of my G27 on top of my G23...

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft

#12 ·
Palmcoaster-

I have some G19 mags on backorder (crossing my fingers) and I'm planning on putting an x-grip on those and carry one as a spare. My original intent was to carry with a +0 pinky extension, but after firing it with the factory mag plates...I may just carry it with flush mags.

#15 ·
Locally it's about the same, but availability is hit and miss.

#17 ·
I love my 27 so much I just bought a 22 Gen4. I admit that the 40 is a sharp recoil. The very first shot I fired from it I remember thinking, "what have I got myself into?" Every single shot since has just put a bigger smile on my face.

FWIW, I grew up shooting grandpa's Colt 45 from a young age, and I used to shoot amateur competitions with a Gen1 G22 many years ago (my first introduction to the 40 cal). So maybe the 40 in the sub-compact doesn't bother me as much as it might other people?

#20 ·
I've got the 26 and carry it with the flush 10 round mag. I also carry (2) 26 mags with the pearce +2 extensions for reloads. If I'm going somewhere that is bad i carry (2) g19 mags with the X-Grip sleeves. I found that when i first put the sleeves on the G19 mags there was too much gap, also found that with the pearce +2 extensions as well.

I went to home depot and got some #30 orings and put (2) on each magazine above the sleeve or extension. That fixed the issue pefectly! they are rock solid and don't pinch anymore.

I had read on the forum someone recommended (1) #17 o-ring but i found those too think and made it hard to seat the magazine. For me (2) of the #30 o-rings work perfectly.

Love this gun for EDC!!!!!

#22 ·
The G26 that I test fired before buying my G26 was a Gen 3 with a +2 extension and it did pinch my pinky a few times. I fired my G26 with the factory flush mag and didn't even notice anything odd with the feel of my grip with the flush mag. I was very happy with the shootability of the G26 with the flush mags. I have 2 +0 pearce pinky grips installed now, but haven't had a chance to shoot with them. I will try them out and may take them off if they don't make a substantial difference.

My carry plan is to carry the G19 mag with an x-grip (if I am able to get them) as my spare. Whether or not I carry with a +0 will probably depend on concealability since shooting with a flush mag was not awkward for me at all.

#24 ·
Used to carry one but once I fondled a single stack 9mm Kahr PM9 it was the beginning of the end for the G27. The Glock block didn't see much carry time after that. So I sold it. Apparently too soon considering the current market. I carry the PM everywhere. It doesn't matter what I wear either. Fits in the pocket, waist band or hip. That to me is nice.

#26 ·
I have a Glock 26 that I carry also. Great little gun. Most firepower you can get in that small of a package. I also just got a Glock 33 that might take over the carry gun role. For all you out there that don't like the stock mag baseplate, try GAP industries. Their baseplate greatly helps with control and muzzle flip of my .357 Sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.