New Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 Issues

This is a discussion on New Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 Issues within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new version of Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 pistol, PL 71XXX, bought in 2012. I have fired several hundred rounds so far. I ...

I have a new version of Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 pistol, PL 71XXX, bought in 2012. I have fired several hundred rounds so far. I would like to share issues that I encountered, either solved or still figuring out with so that others may get some info or provide some solutions. The pistol worked fine in the first one hundred rounds, except a few feeding issues but started to have more issues:

1. Feeding issues, may relate to the flat nose ammo. Will do more tests. I used HPR 100 GR FMJ, round nose ammo at the last 100 round and only encounted one failed feeding.
    2. Magazine dropped while shooting (Solved by installing a stronger magazine catch spring, cut from a 1911 spring)
    3. Very hard to push/pull safety since new (solved by lubicate and reducing the spring length)
    4. Very hard to pull slide. I can do it with right-hand but for the left hand, I ususally have to cock the hammer then pull the slide back. Tried SIG P238 it is much easier to pull the side. (Unknown issue or may be not an issue)

Overall, I like the new Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 but hope to make it more reliable. It is very accurate, easy to concealed carry.

Links