My New Ultra Carry !!!!

My New Ultra Carry !!!!

This is a discussion on My New Ultra Carry !!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the gunshow in mesquite this morning and as the heading says wound up getting me one.I looked at all kinds of 1911's ...

My New Ultra Carry !!!!

I went to the gunshow in mesquite this morning and as the heading says wound up getting me one.I looked at all kinds of 1911's and this one just felt right,wanted a two tone but just didn't have quite enough money for it.Naturaly I had to take it to the range straight from the gunshow.I was really surprised at how little recoil it had.I had a few problems of the slide locking back while still having ammo in the mag,had it with the kimber mag and the shootin star mag also.this went on for about 50 rounds of wwb,then went away.Anybody know what causes that to happen?After that I shot 20 rds of win 230 xst,and 20 rounds of federal personal protection 165gr.No more problems,shot great.I was surprised how accurate it was ,I had no problems keeping them in the 10 ring on a b27 target at 3,5,10 yards.I love it.Now I have to get me a good holster from one of our makers here.I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet but it is the solid black gun with night sights.I LOVE IT.sj

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new pistol.

There are basically three ways to post pictures on Combat Carry. 1) Put them in as attachments. In the window for creating a post go down to Additional Options and click Manage Attachments. Browse your computer and click the pictures. Upload the pictures and when finished click close this window. This will put thumb nail photos below your post. 2) Click Member Gallery in the blue area above. Click Member Picture Post. Click Upload. Browse your computer and click the pictures you want to post. Click Submit at the bottom of the page. I advise that the pictures you submit this way be no more than 640X480. After you get them posted there are several ways to put them in a post. You can open an image and copy the BB Image Code and then just paste the link in the post. You can copy the Direct Link Code, the click the Insert Image icon above that looks like a photo of mountains, paste the link in. 3) Upload your photos to a photo site or your own web space. Copy the link, click the Insert Image icon and paste in the link.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congrats on new gun lets see some pics

Congrats on the new Kimber. I'm sure it will serve you well. Your premature slide lockback issues are likely being caused by your mags. Get a Wilson and try it. Stop using the Kimber and CMC mags in your gun. They both have a split follower design that is going to tear up your frame. Wilsons have a plymer frame which wont cause any damage. Look at this if you want to know why I say this.
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=61318

Congrats on the new Kimber!! I'm sure you're gonna love it, and it's probably gonna be your constant companion for CCW........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks Yellowv,I sure didn't know that.I will order a couple of wilsons right now

does anyone know where I can get some?website?sj

Congrats on the new Kimber......
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Thanks Yellowv,I sure didn't know that.I will order a couple of wilsons right now

does anyone know where I can get some?website?sj
    MidwayUSA wilson combat

Midway will be cheaper than purchasing off of wilson's site
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Congrats on the new Kimber! these 1911's are addictive aren't they?

+1 on the Wilsons, good mags that often solve problems.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Congrats on a great gun. Your glitches may very well be cured within the 500 round break in that Kimber lists in the Operators Manual, so I wouldn't be too concerned with spending money on improvements until I knew the gun was well broken in and still had glitches. Mine took 800 rounds and I have heard of even longer break ins, so the 500 round break in is not hard and fast. I feel that the gun is broken in when it is capable of firing 200 rds absolutely glitch free.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

JD
    Administrator

Links