what happens after your seventh defense shot?

This is a discussion on what happens after your seventh defense shot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Isn't being a New York State resident, and whining about the Liberal Policies, the same as being a resident of California, and whining about high ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

Isn't being a New York State resident, and whining about the Liberal Policies, the same as being a resident of California, and whining about high taxes? Vote with YOUR feet.
    Sarge65 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Those of us that carry 1911's aren't out of the fight due to 7 round magazines, thus none of you will be either, if you practice, and carry your magazines properly indexed on your person.

Other option available to you is to carry more than one pistol, with seven round magazine. You aren't ever out of the fight until you quit.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Have any of you ever heard about lying? Shoot your 15 rounds. After the cops show up, tell them you reloaded.

what happens after your seventh defence shot?

I live in TX and I will never live in NY. In fact, I don't want to live in a state that restricts my rights in such a way.

Not to hijack the OP, but I believe that states DO have a right to restrict firearms to a degree, but that is only because the citizen can move if they don't like it. (and as long as you are a hard-working, contributing individual Wed love to have you in TX). The Fed does NOT have the authority to restrict firearms much more than they have (ie: NFA items), because the 2A protects us. I pray that our nations leaders affirm the vision of our founding fathers and protect all that our Bill of Rights stands for.

Back on track...

But if I could only carry a gun with 7+1, I'd switch to a lightweight Officers in .45ACP. So will many other people. The previous AWB helped the gun industry develop the quality sub-compacts we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by R040607 View Post
    Not to hijack the OP, but I believe that states DO have a right to restrict firearms to a degree,
    You, coumo, and obama agree on this...
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Bit off topic - I have family in NY, and was stationed there when I was in the Army. Telling people to move out sounds easy, but for many it is not. Try selling a house in this economy - especially in NY. Lots of folks go to NY for good long term medical care of various issues - not like they can just leave until their treatments are done. Try leaving and then getting a job elsewhere.

Not as easy as it sounds.

Anyway - I would guess that most NYers will load their home defense pistols with 10 rounds - laws be damned - and pay the stupid fine if it ever comes to using it to save their lives. Those few with so-called "full carry" pistol permits will likely do the same. Just remember to "lose" the extra bullets before the police show up.

Bigger issue will be not being able to buy new mags with capacity of more than 7. Glock, for example, makes no such magazines for any model other than the G36. No maker, knowing that this law will wind up in Court, is likely going to start making such 7-rd mags any time soon. So, if your mags start to wear out, you cannot legally replace them - which is probably the long term gun-grabbers goal anyway.

And by the way - if you think you are safe because you don't live in NY - think again. This is the model the antis want to use.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    spend lots of time at range practicing " one shot, one kill" but I love the Time out new york rules comment....That is funny stuff

what happens after your seventh defence shot?

I dream that if that ever happens, a team of lawyers knocks on Cuomo's door and takes away his great grandchildren's inheritance.

VIP Member
    Lucky for me I don't live in NY, but if I did I'd already have ten round magazines. I'd keep two fully loaded SD mags +1 in the pipe for 21 rounds of HD. I'd also keep a dirty well used empty mag in my nightstand as well. 7X3 = 21.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

That's why I carry a grenade, you just never know
    GeorgiaShooter likes this.

This is all in the same vein as NYC banning 'sugary' drinks over 16 oz. Whats the workaround? Buy two 12 oz. cans of Pepsi instead of the 20 oz. you used to be able to buy. 7-round limit on magazines? 5 or 10 7-round mags will do the trick, especially for mass shooters, as they don't have to worry about reloading quickly while they wreak havoc in a 'gun-free zone'. This of course discounts the 'criminals' who ignore the law and own 'high-capacity magazines'.

Government does nothing better or more efficient than the private sector. This out-of-touch, inneffective legislation is just another example.
    aus71383 likes this.

I would just carry two Commander size 1911's. 14 in the two mags, and 2 in the pipe.

After the 1994 AWB that limited all guns to 10 round mag capacity there was a renewed interest in packing as many rounds
    into the smallest guns possible. There was also a renewed interest in revolvers and 1911's that had taken a back seat to the
    high cap wonder nines of the era. The Glock 26, 27, Keltec P11 are just a few of the guns that were born out of that gun control disaster.
    If for some reason, they re-instate that law, I will simply carry my Glock 30 or XD 45 Compact....both of which carry 10 round mags as standard.
    Instead of complaining about the laws that are implemented by Congress, learn to adapt and you will be fine.
    Also....practice reloading your weapon as fast as you can under stress (IDPA competition helps a lot in this area).
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I know it's a little easier said than done, but I'd move the hell outta that BS state. Come on down south where we still have our wits abouts us. Sure it would be a major change, but anythings better than living under that kind of crap. I feel for ya and all the other folks living in those communist states.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Avoid the scenario entirely by moving to Alaska, the last bastion for unfettered 2A rights, where even a Democrat Senator replied to an email of mine saying he fully supports the Second Amendment and wouldn't touch them in any way.

Honestly in my home, knowing there was a seven round limit, my handgun would be almost the last line of defense. Seven rounds? Shotgun time.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    You take the 0.5 seconds to drop your empty mag, and slap in a fresh one. Better yet, you do a tactical reload when you get the chance instead of waiting to empty the mag, hoping it'll be convenient to reload at that point.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links