what happens after your seventh defense shot?

This is a discussion on what happens after your seventh defense shot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by soserius After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    You live in Kentucky, not New York correct? If so, don't sweat it, use high cap mags for your pistols.

Sen Feinstein's AWB proposal hasn't gone to the Senate yet. I think it will fail in both the Senate and the House.

In the meantime, you can write your elected officials and let them know you oppose any more gun laws forced on law abiding citizens.

You should also join the NRA. It costs $35.00, the price of a box of ammo.

This fight is far from over, it's just beginning. Get proactive!
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

2. Remove Ads

Be more aware of your surroundings, practice reloading more, try not to be in a dangerous part of town to often, most of all pray.
    Now instead of people going to the range to practice shooting people are going to just practice reloading faster.

Keep 2 mags handy, one topped off with 14 rounds, the other empty. Once you've unloaded all 14 rounds, you now have 2 empty mags with 14 shots fired. Rinse & repeat as necessary. Who can argue the math?

I don't condone breaking the law ... I would just refer to it as "Texas Speed Loading".

Better yet ... get yer rosy red buns outta NY. I would've be gone years ago. Texas is now running ads welcoming law abiding New York gun owners to move to Texas to exercise their 2A rights.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Well, when in NY, start carrying a NY Reload. Or two.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Absolutely NOT!!! This in no way will give the criminals any advantage. This law is for ALL New Yorkers, NO ONE is exempt from the law, and will be adhered to by criminals as well. This law levels the playing field, as it restricts law abiding citizens, AND criminals as well, to only 7 rounds per magazine. Everyone will run out of ammo at the same time.

This will be the point at which everyone will then throw their guns at each other.

Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    Drop the empty magazine and reload with your spare magazine. You carry a spare mag or mags, don't you? AFAIK the law says nothing about how many magazines you can carry, just how many bullets you can put in them. Also, you would not have run out of ammo after 7 shots. You still have one left. Again the law says that you only load 7 rounds in the magazine, but there is no prohibition on carrying one in he chamber (7 +1 = 8)

Throw the gun at the bad guy. When he ducks, run. It worked against Superman in the 50s.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Simply look at the criminal and tell them you are a community activist and love them, understand their struggle and they should accept Christ and not commit this crime.... Reason with them and point to your Obama bumper sticker. Works every time.

...here in Tx, we'd tell 'em to accept Christ, all right...and arrange a meeting...

Well maybe the other criminals would run away after you shoot the nearest criminal in his family jewels.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    As most have said the BGs always have the advantage!

HOWEVER WE HAVEN'T HEARD A THING FROM THE 1911 MONGERS!

What would they do?

I can only picture Wilson Combat or NightHawk with a big smile on their face! And saying we stuck it to those Tupperware guns with those 9mm BBs!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

LOL on the meeting with Jesus. Onacoma you stir up a good point. No matter which guns they allow citizens to have they will adapt and take care of business. There are clear advantages to the old 1911 and how they shoot, especially for those of us familiar with them. Nothing but a revolver presents with such a perfect rock solid grip and sight picture than a 1911. Especially my Sig 1911 with the front back checkering. I still think my little Jframe and LCR357 are LIGHTNING fast and can work through a coat and many other face to face advantages. Pocket pistols will be great since they hold only 6-8 anyway and something like the tiny 45acp is awesome. The 9mm can carry +P 147 grain and really be deadly and super accurate with hole-in-hole accuracy. 2-3 in their brain and heart will do just fine. If you think about it there is a perfect situation for every gun design... The polymer guns are stone cold reliable combat weapons too.

At the same time I love the invitation from Texas for law abiding New Yorkers to move to a real state, LOL. Their governor made a public letter inviting people to a state with freedom and no state income taxes. In many ways I do love how Texas tells the feds to pack sand.

I liked someone's very wise comment about a knife. always carry a weak side knife or fighting dagger. They never run out of bullets.

I know the analogy is to make a point but, this situation as far as I've ever heard, just doesn't happen.
    I would think if there is an armed group of people putting good effort into killing you, you aren't innocent to begin with.

On the odd chance you are a person who carries or has stored at home large quantities of money or other valuables (or firearms), where a concentrated group may try to steal it, you'd most likely take other precautions to avoid such situations.

I know these "bans" are senseless but, I guess I just don't fear them the way most people do. You'll still be able to buy what you need once the panic stops.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Simply look at the criminal and tell them you are a community activist and love them, understand their struggle and they should accept Christ and not commit this crime.... Reason with them and point to your Obama bumper sticker. Works every time.
    a real criminal may want your obama phone or your food stamps!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    a real criminal may want your obama phone or your food stamps!
    But I don't qualify for those. I actually work so they don't want to help me.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links