what happens after your seventh defense shot?

This is a discussion on what happens after your seventh defense shot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After your 7th shot you reach for your BUG while looking for a exit route to retreat....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    After your 7th shot you reach for your BUG while looking for a exit route to retreat.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    ...this situation as far as I've ever heard, just doesn't happen...

...I know these "bans" are senseless but, I guess I just don't fear them the way most people do. You'll still be able to buy what you need once the panic stops.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...t=#post2516786

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Be sure your round count adds up!

You'd look pretty silly if you shot the BG 4 times, and then when the Law shows up, you've got a full 10-rd mag in the gun! If you shoot more than eight rounds (hit OR miss), you'd better have a spare empty 10-rounder handy!

Regards,
    Jim
    Yea, obviously I was joking but I thought about my idea and it is a bad one. Not only about your point, but I'd have to explain all the extra shell casings and the fact that the BG has 19 holes in him!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Yea, obviously I was joking but I thought about my idea and it is a bad one. Not only about your point, but I'd have to explain all the extra shell casings and the fact that the BG has 19 holes in him!
    Well, I was (kinda) joking, too - but then I got to thinking...
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Perform the appropriately-named "New York Reload".

Hope you have a good arm and throw your gun at the GB lol

Re: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

I joined the NYPD in 1990. Through 20 years I was never a cop "buff" or particularly into guns. Just wanted an honest day's pay for an honest day's work and to do it safely.

The job transitioned, voluntarily to the individual officer, to the 9mm in '93 I believe. I was happy with my .38 and had no desire to switch.

But then I learned about the alarming number of cops, on-duty and off, who were shot and killed or seriously wounded while reloading their 6 or 5 shot revolvers. Once I shot the Glock, with its capacity and ease of reload, I was instantly sold.

We all know the likelihood of an encounter is very slim but it does exist. All this law has managed to do is turn back the clock on the average citizen. Everyone is now saddled with the disadvantages NYPD cops faced in the past. That disadvantage killed before and sadly, it WILL kill again.

I can't reasonably move for two more years but as a family, we're committed to leaving. In the meantime, it's multiple mags.

While I can understand the emotional call to carry our high capacity mags anyway, it's just not feasible to me when weighing risk. Within the law and justified to shoot insulates you from prosecution in the event of collateral damage. High capacity mag and justified to shoot yet a stray strikes a third party, now you're subject to criminal charges and civil damages. Yes, my life comes first but there's still so much to consider.

The prior assault weapons ban had an exemption for guns made prior to September 13, 1994. But Cuomo removed this exemption with the new law. I called Glock yesterday for the heck of it. When was my gun manufactured? April, 1994.
    Snub44 likes this.

I guess my heads in the sand?
    Silly to call someone out and criticize directly for engaging in thought provoking discussion.
    I did respond after that post clarifying my thoughts.
    I think they're as valid as yours.

I don't agree with any of the proposed changes to gun law, for the record.

By my math, a 1911 in each hand =16 rounds.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I'm from NY and read this thread. I know how to solve this! There is no way I can do all this arithmetic. So, I carry spare empty mags and spare full mags. In addition, I have a weak side holster for my calculator. If this happens to me I have absolutely nothing to fear because I just use my calculator to get it right! ):

I truely hope that those that are in new fake york that are gun fans that you all move out of that god forsaken state cause truely the wack jobs can have the state for all I care. I'm for even moving the statue of liberty to Mt. Rushmore even where at least we're still free to our choices of gun preferance. PLEASE leave that state and let all those that think they're safe without guns stay and give them your prayers cause they'll probly need it sooner than later. Oh and for all the cops and federal agents how's the new gun laws working out for you as I hear it they've not changed the law that makes your guns exempt from the fake norm of which you are by law supose to inforce. good luck with that one as well guys and I'm praying that no harm comes to you when you're forced to play the devils hand and arrest those that had such weapons before the fake law was put into place. I still want to know how they can rightfully say such things with mags when by the manufacture it was sold as a higher compacity and now you're being forced to buy something you don't want? I wish I was lawyer as I'd have such a field day with this one and I'm sure the gears are shifting into high for those that are for I'm rooting for you to win big. Oh and I hope that the fake president gets impeached too on his fake term of office also.

First, if you are alone against SEVERAL criminals intent on shooting you, you better hope you first shots find their mark are you are in truly deep doodoo. So whether you have 7 or 13 rounds won't matter much. Personally, I carry a 5 shot 642 so I will make every round count and hope I can reload really really fast!!

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    My first thought is the tactical error of taking on a group of armed opponents with a handgun. This doesn't sound like something you can win with 13 rounds either. You need to get into a cover position to begin with, one that the bad guys can't get to without one of them having to "bell the cat" by crossing a clear area that you have control over.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

What happened after the first six?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

They are not going to hear a click since the slide will be locked to the rear. Statistically there are absolutely very few chances that anyone is going to dump more than 7 rounds in a defensive situation. However should one be susceptible to that, carry extra magazines, I guess. I carry one extra, 30 rounds should be sufficient.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links