what happens after your seventh defense shot?

This is a discussion on what happens after your seventh defense shot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: what happens after your seventh defense shot?

After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    Spirit51 and Sandpiper like this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: what happens after your seventh defence shot?

As a law abiding citizen, reload.

As a criminal, keep shooting, you're not empty yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Criminals almost always have the advantage. They know in advance what they are going to do and how far they are willing to go. Best you can do is plan for an effective response. Carry spare magazines or if at home, get a good 7 round shotgun.

That being said, magazine limitations, IMO, are idiotic.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

First off I'd be as bad as the criminals as you'd be arresting me and then TAKING my HC mags though LEGAL as technically they came with the gun there for by LAW you're actually infringing on my 2A ok. BUT IF I haven't been arreested yet to pay a fake charge that isn't legal to begin with I'd still have my 12 round mags with me but simply have about 5+ extras just in case some one other than the robbers wishes to be just as stupid as those robbers. Saddly I'd probly be dead but I'd take all those that WISH to inforce the UNLAWFUL law into place with me for I will NOT have my 2A infringed apon. Yes they're infringing my right as MY GUN came with 12 ROUND MAGS there for I'm USING 12 ROUND MAGS. How can you get a 7 round mag into a gun that holds a 12+ round mag answer me that question fake president obumer?
    CharlesMorri likes this.

I heard that!

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    make em count or change mags.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

They don't make 7rd mags for G23 so what is the problem?
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rev.357 View Post
    They don't make 7rd mags for G23 so what is the problem?
    Exactly...you couldn't even use the thing legally.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The 7-round limit gives more credence to the "New York Reload."

Times three.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets.

what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?
    Yes, I do think it provides advantage for violent criminals. They're not following the law in daring to attempt to murder/rob/rape me, and I'd be naive in the extreme to believe that they'd care one whit about following some prohibition about firearm magazines or some other feature restriction. A felon's already on tap to head to prison for a murder/robbery charge, if caught; whereas an upstanding citizen is now going to be statutorily criminalized if he/she dares to retain possession of such a firearm, if caught having one. Dumb, and pointless.

It has always been incumbent upon anyone carrying a defensive firearm to become reliably adept at reload technique under pressure. It'll just occur at a lower round-count now, in states where the limit gets restricted. Though, in reality, for most encounters it won't have much (if any) effect simply due to them not exceeding more than a couple of shots.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now?

Pray?? Or maybe write your last Will and testimentl out....you will be able to use your own blood for it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Reload, kill the bad guys, steal their magazines! Stupid bad guys forgot to load their guns! Doh!

After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun. The robbers are also carrying a glock 23 BUT, they are ROBBERS, they dont follow the law. They have 13 bullets in there guns. I dont agree with anyone taking bullets from my guns. what do you think about these types of laws? does this law give advantage to criminals now? Mrcolionnoir:you tube senerio
    Bend over & kiss your hinny goodbye unless you have practiced regularly how to change mags and can do it very quickly.

VIP Member
    After trying to defend yourself from several criminals from robbing you, you realize you have just ran out of bullets. You have a glock 23 but are legaly only required by law to carry 7 bullets.(New York) After you here the CLICK, you know your in danger. The robbers also heard that CLICK which is more scary than the bang you would normaly hear from your gun.
    Relax. I have my New York re-load:
    New EDC 002.JPG
    Brad426 and BelaOkmyx like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Your government doesn't even want you to have 7 rounds.

Soon it will be 5 rounds.

Shortly after that it will be 3 rounds.

Then it will be zero rounds.

If you were a "good citizen" you wouldn't own guns.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links