Solution to bad politics? - New Gun!!

This is a discussion on Solution to bad politics? - New Gun!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today was a singularly stressful day and so I did what I usually try to do to reduce the pressure.....I bought a new gun! In ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Brademan
  • 2 Post By alachner
  • 1 Post By hartlathers
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By palmcoaster
  • 1 Post By dgoods
  • 1 Post By Topsider
  • 1 Post By Dooger

Thread: Solution to bad politics? - New Gun!!

Today was a singularly stressful day and so I did what I usually try to do to reduce the pressure.....I bought a new gun! In fact, I sort of bought two of them. (Bad, Brademan........bad!)

First, I saw, and could not resist a nice new pocket 9mm, in the form of the Kahr CM9. I've liked this little guys for a while and this one was a pretty good buy at $405. Of course, there is the very real possibility that my wife will swipe it for herself, once she knows it's in the house, so I plan to hit the range this weekend and at least get a few boxes through it. It will probably disappear into her purse. Right after I clean it.

Then, on the advice of ad on Facebook, of all places, I cruised by the website of GWACS and found that they actually have AR lowers in stock (at least they did this afternoon) in several finishes, for $170. It's about twice what they were a month ago, but still not a bad price. These are the polymer stocks, with a stock cast in, so I thought it was worth a try. Standard shipping means it'll be here by Monday!

Not a bad day's work and it made me smile. After the gut-churning news of the day, I could use a smile or two.
    AZ_Larz_NY and Lish like this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Nice!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I did EXACTLY the same thing! I saw the speech by Obama and thought: "Time to get a Glock 26!" Thanks Mr. President for the advice!
    Remy and Brademan like this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I picked up my new gun today and took to the range for a few rounds.
    Brademan likes this.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Checked out the GWACS site. I've never seen pink, purple and yellow lowers before lol.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    Today was a singularly stressful day and so I did what I usually try to do to reduce the pressure.....I bought a new gun! In fact, I sort of bought two of them. (Bad, Brademan........bad!)

First, I saw, and could not resist a nice new pocket 9mm, in the form of the Kahr CM9. I've liked this little guys for a while and this one was a pretty good buy at $405. Of course, there is the very real possibility that my wife will swipe it for herself, once she knows it's in the house, so I plan to hit the range this weekend and at least get a few boxes through it. It will probably disappear into her purse. Right after I clean it.

Then, on the advice of ad on Facebook, of all places, I cruised by the website of GWACS and found that they actually have AR lowers in stock (at least they did this afternoon) in several finishes, for $170. It's about twice what they were a month ago, but still not a bad price. These are the polymer stocks, with a stock cast in, so I thought it was worth a try. Standard shipping means it'll be here by Monday!

Not a bad day's work and it made me smile. After the gut-churning news of the day, I could use a smile or two.
    Don't clean it, then she won't want it!
    Brademan likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    thats funny, bad brademan bad.............for real....good!!!!!
    Brademan likes this.

Unfortunately, they were out of pink and purple, so I had to settle for black.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
    Brademan likes this.

I've got my eye on the new Glock 30S. If I can only carry 10 rounds, they might as well be .45.
    Brademan likes this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I should have mentioned that I also picked up an Obama gun last Monday. I grabbed the last Blue Label G19 Gen4 my dealer had. I actually placed the order for it in mid-Dec and they had it in stock. Took three weeks to receive it since they were so busy. Good thing they set it aside for me though! Paid $398 for it! It'll compliment my Gen3 that the wife has taken over.
    Brademan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    I should have mentioned that I also picked up an Obama gun last Monday. I grabbed the last Blue Label G19 Gen4 my dealer had. I actually placed the order for it in mid-Dec and they had it in stock. Took three weeks to receive it since they were so busy. Good thing they set it aside for me though! Paid $398 for it! It'll compliment my Gen3 that the wife has taken over.
    SCOOOooorrrre!
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Links