New Kahr CW380

This is a discussion on New Kahr CW380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As someone who is looking for a pocket gun late this year, I am very interested in this. I wonder if this gun is going ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Kahr CW380

New Kahr CW380

As someone who is looking for a pocket gun late this year, I am very interested in this. I wonder if this gun is going to be reliable, unlike the P380.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

I'd give the P380 another try and go to the Kahr Talk website to learn how to prep the new gun properly. The CW will be a good gun, but you'd be better off with the P380 for PC.

From all reports and top 10s, the Kahr P380 was the number 1 spot. I was actually thinking they needed to make a CW version and then I saw the SHOT Show release today. I am getting one when I see it in my LGS. A little fluff and buff and some polishing like I do with all my weapons and I think it will be a top performer. I turned a finicky Diamondback DB380 into a smooth operator.

Very nice, and the new CM45 looks like a winner too.

I got some trigger time with the CW380 at SHOT Media Day. Since I own a PM9, it was familiar. I think it will be a popular choice in its niche.

New Kahr CW380 Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com

Randall

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    I'd give the P380 another try and go to the Kahr Talk website to learn how to prep the new gun properly. The CW will be a good gun, but you'd be better off with the P380 for PC.
    I'm sorry you guys but, what a freaking joke!!! I've heard that most of these Kahrs require this but it's utterly ridiculous IMO that you buy a brand new, factory gun and have to put several hours worth of time/work into it before you can shoot it reliably. And then the fanboys blame it on "they're so well made and the parts fit so tight and so well that it takes some time to get it all broken in so it all slides and moves like it's supposed to". Well, I tell ya what; Les Bear's, Nighthawks, etc are ten times tighter and better fitted than Kahrs and you can shoot the pee out of them literally right out of the box. Which, tells you that they most likely did a piss poor job of fitting the parts if, they did any at all and didn't just grab parts out of a barrel and throw it all together. And, if the above were actually the case they would have all of that done at the factory so that their customers don't have to deal with it. I honestly cannot believe that their customer base is still putting up with it.

Okay, rant over. And, I apologize to all of the Kahr fans out there, it just blows my mind that people pay what they do for them...I'd buy a Kel-Tec before I bought a Kahr.
    Philly Boy and ExGM like this.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

I just got a kahr Cw9 this christmas and I love it! I worked the slide about 100 times before I shot it and I have never had a FTE or FTF, I think it will be extremely reliable for you!
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

I've had no problems with my P380. I just followed the break-in directions (200 rounds) and clean/lube instructions. It's a great gun.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I think I should have a revolver. BTDT.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Okay, rant over. And, I apologize to all of the Kahr fans out there, it just blows my mind that people pay what they do for them...I'd buy a Kel-Tec before I bought a Kahr
    I guess I can skip over any posts I see from Crowbait.
    surefire7 and crue2009 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by franco45 View Post
    I guess I can skip over any posts I see from Crowbait.
    Why is that? Don't you think that it's ridiculous that you have to finish their work for them?
    ExGM likes this.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    Why is that? Don't you think that it's ridiculous that you have to finish their work for them?
    Not really. They're a very small semi auto that come from the factory lubed to the nuts. I do the same thing with my Glocks and haven't had any BTF issues that everyone complains about.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. All I did to my CM9 was clean it and start shooting it. 0 issues. Love it so far!
    surefire7, crue2009 and ron54 like this.
    ”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Not really. They're a very small semi auto that come from the factory lubed to the nuts. I do the same thing with my Glocks and haven't had any BTF issues that everyone complains about.
    But, the difference is that you don't have to do it with your Glocks and you aren't recommended to by Glock. Your Glock is going to shoot right out of the box period (I really don't like Glocks, just FYI), the Kahr may or may not, by the companies own admission. That is unacceptable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet. All I did to my CM9 was clean it and start shooting it. 0 issues. Love it so far!
    I wasn't going solely by anything I had read on the internet. I am going by information from Kahrs website and personal experience. Their website states that a break-in period of at least 200 rounds is recommended, and then goes on to say that there is a good chance that you will still have FTFeed and FTReturn to battery, and that you need to try different ammunition. So, the problem is not that I don't like their guns or anything like that; in my experience, after they are cleaned and broken in that they are accurate, reliable little pistols . It's that they obviously know that they are sending out an incomplete product to their customer and yet they still expect the person who paid $400-$600 for a pistol to finish the job that they were either too lazy or too worried about the bottom line to do.
    At any rate, it is what it is, I hope that if you have one that it works well for you, all the best.
    ExGM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I wasn't going solely by anything I had read on the internet. I am going by information from Kahrs website and personal experience. Their website states that a break-in period of at least 200 rounds is recommended, and then goes on to say that there is a good chance that you will still have FTFeed and FTReturn to battery, and that you need to try different ammunition. So, the problem is not that I don't like their guns or anything like that; in my experience, after they are cleaned and broken in that they are accurate, reliable little pistols . It's that they obviously know that they are sending out an incomplete product to their customer and yet they still expect the person who paid $400-$600 for a pistol to finish the job that they were either too lazy or too worried about the bottom line to do.
    At any rate, it is what it is, I hope that if you have one that it works well for you, all the best.
    When I bought my Harley five years ago, HD recommended a break in period for the engine. Are you saying that they sold me an incomplete product because I had to "take it easy" at the very beginning?

I guess everyone has their opinions on a break in period for whatever it may be. I put at least 200 rounds through my carry gun before I decide if it is worth carrying, but I am sure there are people who carry it right out of the box.
    surefire7 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links