Baby Browning

Baby Browning

This is a discussion on Baby Browning within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Baby Browning Help -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could someone who own/carries or shoots -a Baby -help me with some info ------manual safety- one in chamber- safe if dropped ...

Thread: Baby Browning

Baby Browning

Baby Browning Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could someone who own/carries or shoots -a Baby -help me with some info ------manual safety- one in chamber- safe if dropped -- does date of mfg -effect safety .............etc.......any info is appreciated ------thanks
    Last edited by Emjimb; October 22nd, 2006 at 09:41 AM.

btt

may bad, I see the question now!
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Manual safety works just like the full sized one. Just as safe when dropped. My fahter shoots an Argentine Detective slide and barrel on an FN frame that I have worked over for him. Really nice shooting HP and a very handy size.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Baby

Do you mean the .25 baby? Not sure how drop safe it is, BUT...
    I'm on the way to the gunshop. I'll test it out for you and report later. Have several Brownings and Bauers in stock. I love my "job".

Myth Busted

Tried 2 Bauers and a Browning. Both with safety on and off. I loaded a primed case and clubbed them with a plastic hammer. Beat them as hard as I dared to (they are for sale) from every angle. No dents in primers, no marks, no unintentional loud noises. Could not make the striker fall. Tried the same with an old Davis P-32 and got one striker fall eventually, but it is worn and of questionable history. I am not a lawyer, so I won't include the disclaimer that your guns are not my guns and you should not try that at home. If you must have a .25, I'd carry it with no worries. Actually, it has a bigger, easier to use safety than the Beretta 21 I occasionally carry as a BUG or car gun, but the grip is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Tried 2 Bauers and a Browning. Both with safety on and off. I loaded a primed case and clubbed them with a plastic hammer. Beat them as hard as I dared to (they are for sale) from every angle. No dents in primers, no marks, no unintentional loud noises. Could not make the striker fall. Tried the same with an old Davis P-32 and got one striker fall eventually, but it is worn and of questionable history. I am not a lawyer, so I won't include the disclaimer that your guns are not my guns and you should not try that at home. If you must have a .25, I'd carry it with no worries. Actually, it has a bigger, easier to use safety than the Beretta 21 I occasionally carry as a BUG or car gun, but the grip is much smaller.
    THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem

It IS work, so I try to remember to be serious and not have fun shooting other peoples guns, trying out diferent ammo, and other boring stuff.

Glad to help.

I'm not sure how you tested your sample, but I believe the problem is a free floating firing pin, in which case hitting it with a hammer may not expose the weakness. The pistol needs to be moving and come to a sudden stop in such a way as to have the momentum of the firing pin compress the spring enough to impact the primer.

Allan - OBTW when I carried a PSP-25 Baby Browning clone I had one in the chamber... I didn't worry about it very much...

Firing pin

The striker firing pin is held back by a relatively small sear...Then again, the whole thing is relatively small. I was trying to get it to disengage. I did try striking it head on as hard as I dared to. Probably not as hard or as realistic as a fall. Anybody remember someone posting about drop-testing? I think it was a Kel-Tec perhaps? The Davis I tested was a junker that I've made fire before, but only with the safety off BTW. Cocked and unlocked.

Links