My new Kahr CM40...love it!

This is a discussion on My new Kahr CM40...love it! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was actually looking for a lightweight .38 when I happened across a CM40 in my dealers case. I've always been interested in the Kahrs but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smousefam5

Thread: My new Kahr CM40...love it!

My new Kahr CM40...love it!

Was actually looking for a lightweight .38 when I happened across a CM40 in my dealers case. I've always been interested in the Kahrs but sub-compacts were always too much $$$ for my budget...at $380 the CM40 took care of that problem!

Took it out for the first time yesterday afternoon. Temps were in the low teens but this was the first day for temps to be up to double digits so I was anxious to go. I shot 135 gr. Hydra-Shok's, 155 gr. Hornady TAP, and 165 gr. Speer Gold Dot's. The only hiccup I experienced was the third shot of the first magazine. It was with one of the 135 gr. loads that didn't fully return to battery (about an 1/8 inch). After that is digested everything perfectly with empties thrown a good 10 ft. away.

Accuracy was better than I expected as I knew it would take a bit to get used to the DAO trigger (my normal EDC is a 1911) but I was suprised how well I did. I guess years of shooting DA revolvers really helps. At 10 yards POI was pretty much spot on.

After all the complaints I had read I was expected my hand to be sore from the grip but I experienced no problems of the kind. I think I have found my new summer/pocket carry piece.
    sioux565 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice

CM40 is a great little pocket cannon. Congrats on the new addition.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Very nice at a good price. I have a CM9 and love it but cost $450. or so.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Links