P229 in 9mm? - Page 2

P229 in 9mm?

This is a discussion on P229 in 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is no substitute for a SIG 229. I have a 9 and a 40, one an E2 and the other an Enhanced Elite. Worth ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P229 in 9mm?

There is no substitute for a SIG 229. I have a 9 and a 40, one an E2 and the other an Enhanced Elite. Worth every nickel. Yeah, Glocks and such do the same thing for less money, but you cant beat a SIG with a stick. As you can tell, my preference. And only my opinion.

Beretta Storm might be an option if you like the DA/SA thing.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What about the FNX?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    It's a fight between cz and fn now. The only Sig I can afford, the sp2022, is too large for my purposes. I already own the P250. It is also difficult to find holsters and mags are UNREAL expensive.... Need to get something less expensive......

The P250 went from a 500 dollar gun to a 700 dollar gun (add 2 mags at 50 each and a crossbreed holster at close 100). Need something that has more then 1 mag and holsters that are easier to find.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    I have (and carry) several alloy frame CZs, and they are great guns. +1 on the custom shop recommendation.

However, they are probably not the best option if you are looking for a large aftermarket support. I don't think you are going to save much money on CZ mags (there are cheaper aftermarket mags though), and holster availability is pretty limited.

VIP Member
    I don't know. I shot a FNP, I believe, and between the high bore axis and the plastic frame, I don't think I'd have a hard time choosing the CZ.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have a p229 in .40 and a CZ P-01. I carry the CZ. Very reliable, accurate, and feels great in the hand.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Re: P229 in 9mm?

My guns do not get modded. It's just how I am. I have a P250 (has a rail) for hd and plan on getting a light for it. My carry will probably just get night sights.

Might try looking for a lightly used P229 9mm. Try GB,GA, or Armslist. I found one in the LGS with CT grips. It is very accurate and resides in the nightstand for home protection . Maybe I just got lucky but its worth a try.

K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Re: P229 in 9mm?

Any thoughts on throwing a Sig sp2022 in this? I am struggling between that and the cz pcr and cz p-01

I have never owned one. I have fondled one in my LGS several times. By all reports its a heck of a gun for the money. It has the familar controls of the classic Sigs. I would give it serious consideration.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Cabela's has them in stock still for $799. Once I picked mine up, it had to go home with me.

Swiss Service Sig P228's have been coming in quite regularly and can be found for ~ $500. While they have been issued duty guns the one's I've seen haven't been shot excessively. They are German built and since Sig isn't selling P228's to the civilian market anymore they will probably become sought after more and more as the supply dries up. The P228 is the classic 9mm, slightly lighter and more balanced than the P229. Change out the springs and you will have a beautiful pistol for well under what a P series sells for new.

Check out the M11A1.

M11-A1

Quote Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
    Check out the M11A1.

M11-A1
    You're not kidding, it's the best of everything. If they had had one in stock when I swung through Cabela's I would have taken that one home. SAS treatment, old school grip, SRT trigger, dehorned, smooth longer trigger well, no rail. Money. That there is a perfect gun, best of everything.

Here's a great video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-nde3eHX4

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I went for the Walther PPQ in 9mm. Check it out at your local range.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links