Xds recoil???

Xds recoil???

This is a discussion on Xds recoil??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What recoil?? I went to the range with my new XDS to break it in. I thought it would be alot for a small 45 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xds recoil???

Xds recoil???

What recoil?? I went to the range with my new XDS to break it in. I thought it would be alot for a small 45 Acp. I compared to my only similar size gun the Glock 27. The Glock 27 I've had for years. Gen 2 .Had it the first week it came out. I'm use to this gun my CC 24/7. But I wanted something smaller for hot weather. The Xds went through 200rds FMJ and 20 Gold dot. No flaws and could barely feel it. And i can shoot it better then the G27 I've had for years. Think I'm keeping it. Makes me think I'm going to get a G30 slim for the winter.More rounds and stick with 45. JME
    Last edited by ironmike86; January 17th, 2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: can't spell small

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I shot a buddy's and it was nice

The XDS does shoot good. You have both guns I have, 27 & XDS, among others I have also. Recoil is not bad. Never had a jam on either gun. The XDS is nice to carry. I got a 7 round magazine, but not a fan of it when carring, little long. But nice at the range.

Xds recoil???

I saw the XDS 9mm on YouTube from the shot show and it looks pretty sweet! I just like the 5 rd mag. 7 coming in the 9mm. GL
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Great gun, love mine as well - follow up shots are nice and easy.

I agree with you that the recoil is very manageable. I shoot mine all the time and have gotten fairly proficient with rapid follow up shots. I have found that, for me, the key to shooting the XDS, or any sub compact for that matter, is to have as high of a grip as possible to minimize muzzle flip.

I got one for my wife and she hated the recoil. It's a sweet gun but she made me trade it in for a PPS. Prissy little thing likes that gun.

I've had the opportunity to fire one and I could see where a day at the range with it would leave someone's hands sore, but for a CCW/self defense situation, the recoil is very manageable. It seems like a very good platform for carry.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I was very pleasantly surprised when I took my XDs to the range the first time last Tuesday. The recoil isn't bad at all and it shoots right to POA at 21'. The Glock 36 stung my hand, the XDs didn't.

My 4" and 6" .357s have a lot more recoil. So does my BlackHawk in .45 Colt with hunting loads.

I had both my Glock 36 and the XDs my wife gave me for Christmas at the range. My buddy and I both liked the XDs better.

I was at the LGS yesterday to tell him my good experience with the 'S' and while I was there, he opened a UPS box and took delivery of a NIB G30. I looked it over, asked him if he'd hold it for me over night so I could do some domestic negotiations. He said, "Of course."

Long story short, I went back there today and traded in the G36 for the G30. I don't need two small .45 Carry guns, and even though I'm pretty much a Glock Guy, I like the XDs better so the 36 was redundant.

I brought the 30 home, dosed it with #9, put a couple of patches through it and looked it over. Looks like a good gun. Feels good in the hand. I'd have held out for a 30SF but he said he didn't know if he'd be able to get one in the next 6 months. He's not ordering guns, he's taking what ever he finds in stock from where ever he finds them. He calls all his distributors every day. Sometimes he gets lucky.

He gave me what I paid for the 36, last summer, in trade. Said he'll be able to sell the 36 to a NY dealer he knows is starved for guns. He said he wouldn't be surprised if most of the XDs guns went to NY for the next few months until 7 round magazines are available for other guns. Apparently officer model grip length (7 round magazines) 1911's are at a premium in NY right now.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Recoil is very light considering the package and payload. =)
    Add the PRP trigger spring kit for $15 and it gets even better!

I bought the xds45 this past december.Like a few on here,i have a couple of other firearms,so i haven't shot it a lot.Maybe 250 rds.It seems to group pretty good.That was at about 7 or 8 yrds.I bought the 7 rd mag for it.The extension really helped me.My paws are kinda big.I love glocks to but i seem to be a little better with the xds.I may end up selling my gl 30sf

I've put over 500 rounds through mine, and it's become my EDC. Recoil is sharp, but really manageable. I've come to really like this little machine.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    Recoil is very light considering the package and payload. =)
    Add the PRP trigger spring kit for $15 and it gets even better!
    What is a PRP trigger spring kit?

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Well take it form a guy who CC Glock 27 and found the recoil not so bad. So if you read this thread. The Xds in a small gun. Has more manageable recoil then a Glock 27 for comparison. My biggest concern before buying a gun I couldn't shoot first. It's like butter JMO.... 200 hrs of 45 acp and 200 rds of 40 SW my hand isn't sore.

Xds recoil???

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    What is a PRP trigger spring kit?
    Powder River Precison makes a trigger kit for the XDS. Amongst other things.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...?categoryId=17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links