Cheating on Sig....

Cheating on Sig....

This is a discussion on Cheating on Sig.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I may be cheating on Sig for a CZ. The 3 I'm looking at are the CZ p-07 Duty, the CZ75 phantom, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cheating on Sig....

Cheating on Sig....

I think I may be cheating on Sig for a CZ. The 3 I'm looking at are the CZ p-07 Duty, the CZ75 phantom, and the CZ PCR. I have also looked at the CZ75 compact.

Anyone with any experience with these?

VIP Member
    Plenty of experience with CZ's. I own 6 of them. Well made, quality guns, great ergonomics. You might also want to look at the P-01 as well. You won't regret buying one, and in time your Sig's will forgive you.
    Kawboy65 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Guns are not like women, you can have more than one at a time and its ok,they don't care if you bring more home,its ok to let your friends play with them,they never complain about your cleaning rod, I think if they got one in stock and price is right bring it home!
    SIG_guy and JT353 like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I'm incorrigible, I'm currently cheating on my Sigs with a Rami 2075 BD and an SP 101, I've also ordered a GP100 Wiley Clapp...the first step is admitting there is a "problem".

But back to your question, if you have an opportunity to get a CZ! No ifs ands or buts! CZs are for whatever reason the dark horse of firearms in the US, quality wise they are excellent and CZ-USA's customer service, overall is outstanding!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Re: Cheating on Sig....

Your Sig will be ok with it. Don't know how mine feels about me bringing home my kel tec pf9 and using it more though lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I love me some CZ, and I don't think you will regret buying any of those.

Having said that, there are a few things to consider.
    • The phantom is a pretty large gun, and may be tough for most concealment systems.
    • The pcr and P-01 are the same as the CZ75 compact, except they have a decocker and alloy frame.
    • The CZ75 series (including PCR, P-01, SP-01, RAMI, Phantom) all use the same magazine format, so you can buy a bunch of 16 rounders and they will work in everything. The P-07 Duty uses a different magazine design.

For me the PCR is just small enough to carry, but it handles like a full size gun. I also prefer the deocker guns, as the CZ DA/SA safety isn't positive enough for me. Oh, and if you can find one, don't exclude the RAMI (alloy frame).

So the cz75 are all pretty easy to find and find parts for? My p250 is insanely hard to find parts for........

How is the trigger feel on these? I will probably have to order one as no one seems to carry them around here (as per cz's "find a dealer" locator)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

CZs are a little hard to come by right now, but they're well worth it. Parts availability is good, both from CZ USA and other outlets.

The trigger is generally good out of the box (CZ85 has the best) and gets much better with use. There are several gunsmiths that specialize in CZ action jobs and there are a lot of options for customizing - many of which are competition legal since CZ offers so many variations from the factory.

CZfirearms.us is the semi-official forum, you can find all sorts of great info there.

Short answer: get a CZ, you'll love it.

joe

What's the difference between the pcr and p-01?

here is a link to Canik55, which are CZ clones made in Turkey. Reveiws of all these guns are top notch.

FYI.....you can find these guns sold as Canik55, and also distributed by Tri Star.....same guns, but Tri Star sells them about $100 per gun less on Davidsons Gallery of Guns.
    Buds Gun Shop sells both....again, same guns.

CAN?K 55 - Samsun Yurt Savunma Sanayi ve Ticaret A.?.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    The links below will show you the spec,s on the 2 guns. Also is a link to the NATO certification requirements the P-01 went through.

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 D PCR Compact

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I might have to get one of the ffl around here to order one because no one has them. Everyone carries the sp2022. I really like the look and feel of the sp, but I really kind of want a cz...... As I cannot handle the cz and can't decide between the p01 and pcr, im a little hesitant at this point about it....

So, are we suggesting that the term "Stable" should be changed to "Harem?" Hmmmm.

Ah, well. I'm thinking of cheating on my HKs for a Sig. They'll get over it.

I like harem better

I'm having difficulty choosing between the sp2022, the cz pcr, and Tue cz p-01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links