Any thoughts on XD-subcompact VS Glock 26 ?? - Page 3

Any thoughts on XD-subcompact VS Glock 26 ??

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on XD-subcompact VS Glock 26 ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never known anyone to have an issue with the grip safety not engaging... anyway, they're both fine guns. BUT, they have different grip angles ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on XD-subcompact VS Glock 26 ??

I've never known anyone to have an issue with the grip safety not engaging... anyway, they're both fine guns. BUT, they have different grip angles - for me, if it comes down to point shooting in the dark on under stress, I can't hit crap with the glock - all my rounds go way high. The XD hits like I'm pointing my finger...I think that's a valuable trait. It'd the opposite for others..it's be worth trying them both out, if possible.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Sponsor
    I used to be a big XD/XDm fan, Then I compared the Glock 19 to an XD sub compact. pretty similar in size (I think an extra .5 inch on the slide length and .25 height) but the g19 comes with 15 round mag and gives me a full 3 finger grip. That was the beginning of my transition to Glocks. I'm not saying the XD is bad by any means, but for size/weight/capacity/grip I prefer Glock.

That being said, I would suggest the 26 or the 19.

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    It is like asking whether you like brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Both are good. But you have to rely on what works best for you.
    That says it best. That is why they make all kinds of guns, cars, cigars, coffee, etc.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    You need to shoot both. Especially double taps.

For me, of all my defensive pistols, the G26 is the best shooting by far. If I pull the trigger as fast as I can, it double taps less than 2" apart reliable as gravity. If the first shot is on target, the second will be too. That's a huge feature. I score the better with it on the first stage of the IDPA classification match than with my G19 or G17. I haven't tried the G30 in the Classification match yet, just got it yesterday. (If you get a Glock, check your gunsafe every day, more of them tend to show up.)

I carry my G26 all day every day when I can hide it. I have the Pearce +0 grip extension on both my 10 round magazines. Contrary to myth, the G26 with the +0 grip extension is significantly easier to conceal than the Glock 19.

In the end, they are both really nice guns.

As long as you are looking, you might take a look at the M&P 9C. That's another really good sub compact pistol.

So are the Shield and the XDs, and both are easier to conceal than the G26 in the summer. All of those I've mentioned have acceptable triggers. The new XDs in 9mm will be easier to conceal than the G26 and thus probably be a must buy one of these days. Luckily, it isn't out yet.

If the 7 round mag limit stands a court test in NY, perhaps there is a very slight chance that Glock will come out with a single stack 9mm sub compact.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I Like the XD9sc better. I shoot it better. In standard configuration, it holds 13 rounds compared with the 10 in a G26 (this may not matter if the POTUS gets his way). I don't mind the additional 1/4 of a lb. that it weighs. The grip safety does not interfere with my ability to shoot and adds a layer of protection against an accident when re-holstering. YMMV

Ken

Any thoughts on XD-subcompact VS Glock 26 ??

I carry my XD40SC and love it. But while at work this morning I thought I would give a photo side by side.

Glock on left. Springfield on right

Glock on left. Springfield on right

Glock on Top. Springfield on bottom.

Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Administrator
    This thread isnt about a concealed carry issue, its about two concealed carry guns. Moved to the appropriate sub forum.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links