Everyone else is buying guns, so did I (New M&P40c)

This is a discussion on Everyone else is buying guns, so did I (New M&P40c) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So nothing special, just an M&P40c. BUT, the case they gave me had a surprise in it, instead of 2 10 round mags (one with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Everyone else is buying guns, so did I (New M&P40c)

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,016

    Everyone else is buying guns, so did I (New M&P40c)

    So nothing special, just an M&P40c. BUT, the case they gave me had a surprise in it, instead of 2 10 round mags (one with pinky extension) they gave me 1 10 rounder with pinky extension and one full size 15 round mag with the Xgrip adapter! I love it. 15+1 for home defense, 10+1 for CC. Just put 150 rounds down the pipe and love it. Interestingly I find the felt recoil to be less than my G27. It was a pleasure to shoot. I have an M&P9c so the platform is familiar and the gun feels very good in the hand.

    Anyway, lots of fun to buy new toys!
    Attached Images
    sioux565 and Lish like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array DaGunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    544
    Congrats! A M&P40C is in my EDC rotation. Great gun.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.
    .

  4. #3
    Member Array Maxwell47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Congrats! A M&P40C is in my EDC rotation. Great gun.
    Mine too. I love it!

    Max
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

  5. #4
    Member Array GetSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    342
    Congrats, M&P40C is a very versitle carry gun. Check out midway, for $70 you can put a stock S&W 9mm barrle in it. Great for ammo shortages when you never know what type of ammo you will find. BTW if your looking for more 10 round 40/357 sig mags I have several new Im looking to sell.

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,399
    Congratulations. My EDC is an M&P40c (although I did the white fingernail polish on the slide to make it "jump." LOL
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Congratulations. My EDC is an M&P40c (although I did the white fingernail polish on the slide to make it "jump." LOL
    yea, I almost did that to my Glock 27. To me, smith already prints too much crap on the slide as it is. Why do they have to put "caution: capable of firing with magazine removed" in gold print that won't come off? I mean, can't I just sign a waiver? I got it. It's not like I point loaded guns at myself or others.......
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

  8. #7
    Member Array Buzz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    53
    Congrats, my edc also. Love it.hope you get as much enjoyment as I do.

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    I don't own an M&P but I have shot a couple and they are nice pistols. Good choice.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array sioux565's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    688
    Congrats on the new gun! Granted the M&P 40c is still new to you, do you prefer it over the G27?

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array BigJon10125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,095
    Awesome! Enjoy it! An MnP is on my radar.
    BigJon


    "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Congrats on the new gun! Granted the M&P 40c is still new to you, do you prefer it over the G27?
    Boy thats a tough one. It has more "features" I suppose than my G27 (replaceable backstraps and picatinny rail) and is more comfortable in my hand after repeated shooting, but I LOVE the G27. The G27 is also a lot shorter from top of the slide to the bottom of the grip. I can't see myself replacing the G27, especially in the summer when I wear shorts and a t-shirt. I think the M&P has better recoil characteristics too. But I don't find the .40 all that hard to shoot anyways. The accuracy of the two guns is the same, though I think I shoot the M&P better, but I admittedly haven't shot the Glock as much as I would have liked and think it is just me being more familiar with the M&P triggers (I have other M&P's).

    All in all it would be a toss up. I like the M&P for home defense and occasional carry. Since it has the larger mag/grip and an attachment for a light I think it will fill the nightstand gun role. But for now, the G27 is still my carry gun.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array Luckey1115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shelby Twp., Michigan
    Posts
    680
    Congrats! My EDC is the FS M&P 40. I am second guessing that. Should I have gotten the 40c or should I get it converted to a "C". Just a little snip! I have no problem to carry it IWB at 8:00 or AIWB at 11:00, even in a t-shirt. But the "C" would make it better. It's just when the impulse buy happened, the full sized with the thumb safety was the only choice.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array sioux565's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Boy thats a tough one. It has more "features" I suppose than my G27 (replaceable backstraps and picatinny rail) and is more comfortable in my hand after repeated shooting, but I LOVE the G27. The G27 is also a lot shorter from top of the slide to the bottom of the grip. I can't see myself replacing the G27, especially in the summer when I wear shorts and a t-shirt. I think the M&P has better recoil characteristics too. But I don't find the .40 all that hard to shoot anyways. The accuracy of the two guns is the same, though I think I shoot the M&P better, but I admittedly haven't shot the Glock as much as I would have liked and think it is just me being more familiar with the M&P triggers (I have other M&P's).

    All in all it would be a toss up. I like the M&P for home defense and occasional carry. Since it has the larger mag/grip and an attachment for a light I think it will fill the nightstand gun role. But for now, the G27 is still my carry gun.
    Glad to hear a similar comparison! Thanks!

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckey1115 View Post
    Congrats! My EDC is the FS M&P 40. I am second guessing that. Should I have gotten the 40c or should I get it converted to a "C". Just a little snip! I have no problem to carry it IWB at 8:00 or AIWB at 11:00, even in a t-shirt. But the "C" would make it better. It's just when the impulse buy happened, the full sized with the thumb safety was the only choice.
    How do you regret the full size? It is an amazing weapon in its own right. The compact is great, and fits my need, but since you already have the full size enjoy the longer barrel (more velocity and better sight radius) and higher capacity!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

  16. #15
    Member Array JaxRolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    204

    Everyone else is buying guns, so did I (New M&P40c)

    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Congratulations. My EDC is an M&P40c (although I did the white fingernail polish on the slide to make it "jump." LOL
    Never heard of this. What is it?
    U.S. Navy Chief Electronics Technician (EW)(Ret) 26 Years
    IT Specialist-National Park Service
    Florida High School Athletic Association Baseball Umpire
    NRA Yearly Member 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

everyone is buying guns
,
hard to release slide on m&p 40 c
,
m&p40c for home defence
,
m&p40c gold fill
,
m&p40c mag drop issues
,
m&p9c one in the pipe
,
mp40c long barrel conversion
,
mp40c magazines
,
where can i buy m&p 40c in shreveport
,
why is everyone buying all the guns
,

why is everyone buying guns

,
why is everyone buying handguns?
Click on a term to search for related topics.