Bodyguard 380 safety removal

This is a discussion on Bodyguard 380 safety removal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; bodyguard 380.jpg i see alot of ppl talk about how they dont use the external safety but what i am wondering is i dont want ...

View Poll Results: Do you use your safety or want it removed

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do NOT use it

21 29.17%
  • Use it

44 61.11%
  • Remove it so you cant ACCIDENTALLY activate it

7 9.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bodyguard 380 safety removal

Question Bodyguard 380 safety removal

bodyguard 380.jpgi see alot of ppl talk about how they dont use the external safety but what i am wondering is i dont want to accidentally activate it and not disengage it when i need it so what i am thinking is can i pull the pin that holds the safety lever and remove it and put the pin back in will it hurt anything or is this even possible. thanks for all of your help. i am also taking a poll to see if anyone would also like to remove it or use it or dont use the safety.

2. Remove Ads

I bought an M&P9c one time that had an external safety. I bought a set of plugs from S&W and removed it and it looked factory. Since the M&P comes both with and without a safety this is easily done. I don't think the Bodyguard has a version without a safety so I'm gonna say leave it alone. Either buy a gun that is made without a safety or learn to manipulate the one your gun has on it. If you ever have to use it in SD you don't want the prosecution to tell the jury a long story about how you disabled the safety. To a normal sheep, that sounds like you are a "trigger happy gun nut".
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I use it sometimes. It's no big deal. It's a cinch to flip it off.

I have one and never have used the safety. I just pulled it out of my pocket and tried to put it on, it doesn't move. That great, won't accidentally go on. (I am left handed and never intended to use it) I have an M&P 40 FS with a thumb safety, use it and love it. How bout those BG 380 laser buttons?
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

i am also left handed and cant use the safety so right now i carry my glock 27. the laser buttons are junk and they should have put a pressure activated button instead.
    Luckey1115 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MykM View Post
    i am also left handed and cant use the safety so right now i carry my glock 27. the laser buttons are junk and they should have put a pressure activated button instead.
    G27 far > bodyguard.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I didn't vote because I don't have one. BUT, I would NOT remove it if it's a carry gun.

This is the exact reason I will not buy a pistol with an external safety. i.e. Shield, LC9, etc

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    G27 far > bodyguard.
    But will the G27 conceal in a banana hammock?
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    I didn't vote because I don't have one. BUT, I would NOT remove it if it's a carry gun.

This is the exact reason I will not buy a pistol with an external safety. i.e. Shield, LC9, etc
    Not all shields have the external safety.

ok i want to know if removing it is possible without creating problems. or even removing the safety from a shield 9mm

Yes they do...

VIP Member
    I voted for you to use it. It is your weapon and you should know how to work it. If you want no safety get a Glock. That safety comes off easy and there will be times when you may want to use it.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I own and carry the bodyguard myself. as stated earlier the only reason I don't remove or glue down the safety is the off chance I have to use it, it may bite me in court. and the laser is crap. I would much rather have an extra mag instead.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Bodyguard 380 safety removal

Actually, they do. It's an option on the rest of the M&P lineup, but not an option on the Shield. Lawyers, probably.

I am left handed and carry a .40 Shield with the safety off. That safety is so stiff that I do not see how it would be even remotely possible for it to be accidently activated. Also, my other guns lack an external safety. Keeping it off keeps it simple.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links