Two Glock 23's. Which to carry?

This is a discussion on Two Glock 23's. Which to carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It really doesn't make a difference but... I have a pair of Glock 19s. Like your 23s, one has a glossy slide while the other ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Two Glock 23's. Which to carry?

It really doesn't make a difference but...

I have a pair of Glock 19s. Like your 23s, one has a glossy slide while the other is dull. I find the dull slide easier to grip (malfunction clearing, etc.) and believe that this may be beneficial at crisis time with potentially sweaty/bloody hands. For this reason, I carry the dull one. OMO. YMMV.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    It really doesn't make a difference but...

I have a pair of Glock 19s. Like your 23s, one has a glossy slide while the other is dull. I find the dull slide easier to grip (malfunction clearing, etc.) and believe that this may be beneficial at crisis time with potentially sweaty/bloody hands. For this reason, I carry the dull one. OMO. YMMV.
    That's interesting and something I never even considered. So I pulled them both out and it turns out I can get a more positive grip on the less glossy slide. I had my wife cycle through a few dummy rounds and she found the same. This is important because racking the slide isn't always the easiest thing for her to do. I think I'll carry the glossy one and leave the one for her that's easier for her to operate should, god forbid, she ever have to.

Either one. I carry my 2nd gen 23 that is 100 percent reliable.
    I don't care if it whines, yelps or yells at me for snoring, as long as it goes bang everytime.
    Did your wife ever shoot the 23? I would make sure she can handle it before you make it her home defense gun.
    When I took my wife shooting, she shot the 9mm much better and no flinching as with the 23.

Good luck, great weapon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    A few weeks ago I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 23. Took it shooting and loved it so much I went back a couple weeks later and bought the same gun....Gen 3 Glock 23 to keep at home for my wife since she is pregnant and will be going on bedrest soon. So here I've got 2 identical guns and trying to decide which one should ride on my hip and which one should stay home. Seems like an easy decision, right? They are both Glocks afterall, and proven Gen 3's at that. But when putting them both through the paces, there are couple minor nuances between the two that have caught my attenion.

Both have shot great...accurate and no malfunctions. However...

Glock A has a slightly looser frame-to-slide fit. Nothing major, but noticeable. Glock B has a tigher frame-to-slide fit.

Glock A passed the "rattle test" to make sure the firing pin is free and not obstructed. Glock B passed the test as well, but Glock B had a much more audible rattle and more of a "ping" sound.

And to really split hairs, the slide on Glock has that more glossy look, whereas Glock B's finish isn't nearly as glossy.

So given this information, if you HAD to pick on to carry, which would you choose. Or if I'm being making something out of nothing and these differences are too nominal to even matter, feel free to let me know that too

^^^You are fretting over nothing^^^^^^^^^^

When baby comes, you will have more fun things to think about, like how are you going to get 20 years worth of sleep and peace and quiet back.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Put them in a hat and the one you pick you carry, the other you leave at home.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Let your wife keep the glossy one. Women like shiny things. :)
    JaxRolo likes this.

First question, do you have a Sig? If so, put your Glocks in your safe and strap on your Sig. Otherwise, carry either Glock.

Alright, I said all that to incite the Glock loving crowd. Attack away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links