XDs 9 - Page 2

XDs 9

This is a discussion on XDs 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Haven't encountered it with the wife CW9. Of course she doesn't carry a spare mag, so it may not be as noticeable....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: XDs 9

VIP Member
    Haven't encountered it with the wife CW9. Of course she doesn't carry a spare mag, so it may not be as noticeable.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I have the same issue with my PM9 mags, Mike. I haven't found a solution, other than carrying mag up rather than mag down.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Although I have not handled the XDS in neither 9mm nor 45 acp, from what I've read Springfield used the same slide in 9MM and 45 acp and just filled the space of the 45 barrel with a much thicker barrel in 9mm, and added metal to the inside of the slide. The end result is that the 9mm is actually heavier than the 45.

I'm really curious how many of these they are going to be producing and how hard it will be to come by. I'm in the market for a single stack 9, but I'm worried this ones going to be flying off the shelves and won't be easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    When the XDS .45 came out I VERY seriously considered one. I recently picked up a Kahr CW9 and have been really enjoying carrying that. it's a bit more capacity then my LCR but less bulky then my G26. Then the XDS in 9mm was announced and I thought very seriously about one but what is what stopped ultimately stopped my from by then 45... The grip safety. I have no need for any bells and whistles on the a defensive gun that aren't needed for the operation of it.
    Well, then I guess you had better remove the sights, slide lock, internal firing pin blocks, trigger safety, grips, slide serrations, etc from your guns because they aren't necessary for the operation of the guns. But, they do make them more safe, accurate, user friendly etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    Although I have not handled the XDS in neither 9mm nor 45 acp, from what I've read Springfield used the same slide in 9MM and 45 acp and just filled the space of the 45 barrel with a much thicker barrel in 9mm, and added metal to the inside of the slide. The end result is that the 9mm is actually heavier than the 45.
    Just by a few ounces, and when you figure in the difference in the weight of the ammo I'd bet that they end up weighing about the same. Plus, if it is heavier that just means felt recoil will be less, faster follow ups, and better accuracy... IMO that's a good thing.

OP: My guess is that since they were just announced at SHOT recently and combine that with the panic buying that is going on right now, that it'll be a while before one is available unless you've got an inside track on one through a dealer or distributor. IMO, the XDS is better than the CW9 and SA in general are better quality than Kahrs, especially when you consider the widespread and persistent problems that a lot of Kahrs have right out of the box. I'm not saying that they aren't good guns but the XDS is awesome and so are Springers in general. Just my opinion take it for what it's worth.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

The grip safety functions without thought. You grab the gun it works

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Check out the Walther PPS if you want a single stack 9.
    If it is the same size as the xds .45acp, then it will be the same as the PPS as well.
    Get the PPS. It is hard to beat. Great trigger and accurate. Good for IWB or OWB carry.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links