S&W 327- 8 shot Revolver...or... GLOCK

This is a discussion on S&W 327- 8 shot Revolver...or... GLOCK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, guys. Here's my dilemma. I am looking at the Smith & Wesson 327 revolver or a GLOCK that is concealable. I went through the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S&W 327- 8 shot Revolver...or... GLOCK

Ok, guys. Here's my dilemma. I am looking at the Smith & Wesson 327 revolver or a GLOCK that is concealable.

I went through the mouse gun phase and didn't have a good experience with reliability, so I jumped on the revolver bandwagon. Got a SP101 and a S&W 642. I shoot both accurately and can conceal them comfortably.

After reading posts on this forum I am thinking I need more capacity. My local shop has a S&W 327 for $850 and Glocks average $550-$650.

I cant rent or borrow guns to try out, so I must shell out even more cash than I already have to even try these guns out.

So to people who have shot smaller Glocks and the S&W 327 revolver, which gun would you get?

NMB
    Well, if your goal is capacity, and you already own an SP101 and a J-frame, I would say get a glock.

I wouldnt feel under gunned with any of those options. My daily carry is a 642 with a speed loader in my left front pocket.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

If you think you need more rounds the Glock will be the one. The 327 will also be a little harder to ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    Ok, guys. Here's my dilemma. I am looking at the Smith & Wesson 327 revolver or a GLOCK that is concealable.

I went through the mouse gun phase and didn't have a good experience with reliability, so I jumped on the revolver bandwagon. Got a SP101 and a S&W 642. I shoot both accurately and can conceal them comfortably.

After reading posts on this forum I am thinking I need more capacity. My local shop has a S&W 327 for $850 and Glocks average $550-$650.

I cant rent or borrow guns to try out, so I must shell out even more cash than I already have to even try these guns out.

So to people who have shot smaller Glocks and the S&W 327 revolver, which gun would you get?
    Since you have them and shoot them well, I'd say keep the revolvers till this whole "gun control" thing dies down before spending money. You are adequately armed.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

The 327 is a pretty bulky gun. I'd get a Glock if you don't have one already. A mid sized one (19/23/etc) would be easier to conceal than the 327. The cylinder on them is huge.

Austin

That's a good price for the 327. I have one and can't believe I almost didn't buy it. The fit and finish is excellent plus it's a joy to shoot. The trigger is one of the best. Gun is wide and holsters aren't easy to find but it's worth it.

Glock for concealability and capacity

The S&W 327 8 shot revolver would be a lot of fun to shoot, but I think for carry I would prefer a Glock. The Glock would give you more capacity, lighter weight and easier concealability. A good compact Glock is the G23, which gives you 13+1 rounds of .40 caliber ammo in a very concealable package.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    For concealment,Glock 27 with pinky attachment for mag. IMHO .They are great guns with the snap of 40 S&W

The 327 is an awesome gun. How are your reload skills with what you have? I would invest in some good speedloaders (safariland) practice and carry both revolvers, unless you just want another gun.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

That 327, especially in the 2" version, is quite a hand full and knowing a friend who CC’s in a IWB holster I’d have to say it’s not the most comfortable carry but with 125gr Gold Dot ammo this gun packs a tremendous punch! If you are a GLOCK man I would recommend a 27 or 23. Both of these are very sweet and very comfortable to carry.

Everytime I see a post asking what to do or to buy it seems hard to get the perfect answer I think maybe we do not have enough info. In my case I am 60 years old have had several operations on my left arm so kinda weak. I went to the range a week ago an limp wristed my 1911 twice that confirmed for me that I need to start carrying a revolver. I think you have to go to the range an shoot everything you think you may want to carry an which ever you can present quickly an on target is the one you need everyday. Not to be long winded but your holster is just as important as the weapon it has to have retention without compromising access an you need to be able to reholster with one hand you might be holding a would be attacker or a flashlight. Good luck

Carry both your SP101 and your J frame. Done. Solves your concern over capacity with a "NY reload," gives you a second gun in case of injury or malfunction, allows you to arm someone else, and gives you easier ambidextrous access.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Even though the 327 is a snubbie it's so big(yet light) that even magnums are easy to shoot. 5Star Firearms makes nice speed loaders for it.

+1 on the "NY reload". When (if) this all dies down, you can start looking at Glocks. Right now the prices are crazy.

Remember the TV show "Baretta"? He carried a pair of 38 snubbies. One in his waist band and the other in an ankle holster.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Im going to carry both. Way cheaper. I held the 327 today and the trigger was a little out of my reach. Strange for me, im 6'4 with longish fingers. So wont be laying down a grand for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links