Lost my Weapon - again!

This is a discussion on Lost my Weapon - again! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All I have to do is buy stainless guns. My wife hates stainless guns....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Lost my Weapon - again!

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    All I have to do is buy stainless guns. My wife hates stainless guns.

2. Remove Ads

To the OP. What options did you add to your Remora (if any)?

Sounds like she's worse than obumer. BUT... at least when you both go to the range you can still shoot your gun(s) that she now has aquired from you. The big question is though you buy the guns does she at least buy the ammo for you and her to shoot? AHHAHA

Absolutely love my XD-40.

My only complaint is the trigger is slightly mushtastic.

Why don't you just learn to say NO. She does at night

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Why don't you just learn to say NO. She does at night

Uhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    So.... are you telling us that generally speaking .... you are "whipped" ??
    I had to laugh at this, although I guess it does happen, even to us gun enthusiasts.

If you like the .40 and the feel of a Glock but you're looking for a sub-compact, I would recommend the G27. Just be prepared to buy another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    A few of you may remember me coming in here and complaining that I had gone to the range with my wife. I let her shoot my XD9 and by the time we left the range, it was hers.

Well, we were at the range today and towards the end, I had her shoot my Glock 23. I always encourage her to shoot my handgun in case a situation arises where she can't get to hers. Well, Lo and behold . . . I've now lost my 23 to my wife.

So, here's what I'm faced with, and I want some opinions on a new CC handgun: I loved the glock 23. It fit my hand, had a sold feel while I was shooting it, and I shot it pretty well. However, it is a little more difficult to carry concealed. I tend to carry at the 6 oclock position in a remora holster. I've thought about buying Glock 27 so that the clips are interchangeable in a SHTF situation. It also will help if we only have to buy one type of ammo mainly. I've also thought about switching over to a different pistol as well. Wouldn't mind trying a XD40 in a subcompact, or even a FN.

So, thoughts? I know that in the end, it's also about feel, and the next time I go to the range, I'm going to rent a couple different types of weapons and give them a try, I'm trying to find out which ones I should give a go at.
    I personally don't care for Glocks. But, you have to give credit where credit is due...There is nothing wrong with them, great guns, I just don't like 'em. Go for the Springer. You already own one so you know how awesome they are. Plus, you can now get an XDM which I really like; though, I still love my XD. You can rock the compact mags or the 16 rounders for range/spare mag usage.

Magazines Brother...magazines.

Good luck I hope you're able to even find one!
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Been there done that twice. The first time was a S&W model 13 with a 3 inch barrel. the second time was with an OD Glock 19. Now she has both.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

GH
    If you got another Glock of the same caliber you'd have interchangeable mags. Maybe she'd like the new one better then you could have your tried & true 23 back. Or not. Maybe she'll want ALL of them, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    Sounds like you need to quit letting her shot your guns!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I can't believe no one has suggested the obvious.

Get a Glock 19. Let the Mrs shoot it. Then it will be hers, and you will get your G23 back.

Problem solved.

Course now you have weapons that don't have exchangeable mags, and dealing with multiple calibers.

I told my wife going in to this. What's mine is mine, and what's hers is ours

Works pretty good
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    A few of you may remember me coming in here and complaining that I had gone to the range with my wife. I let her shoot my XD9 and by the time we left the range, it was hers.

Well, we were at the range today and towards the end, I had her shoot my Glock 23. I always encourage her to shoot my handgun in case a situation arises where she can't get to hers. Well, Lo and behold . . . I've now lost my 23 to my wife.

You didn't lose it, sweetie. It was repurposed. Good luck finding your new one and DON'T stop taking the Mrs. to the range with you. You can always find another weapon, but you will play heck finding another wife who shares range time.
    ctr likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links