Lost my Weapon - again!

This is a discussion on Lost my Weapon - again! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 27. Its what I carry and is a tremendous firearm.Pinky extenders on the magazine and youll have full grip or xgrip extentions and it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Lost my Weapon - again!

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Glock 27. Its what I carry and is a tremendous firearm.Pinky extenders on the magazine and youll have full grip or xgrip extentions and it goes up in round capacity will larger magazines

2. Remove Ads

I would go for the G27. I carried an XD40SC for over 5 years. I bought a G19, and haven't carried my XD40SC since.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Re: Lost my Weapon - again!

Speaking as somebody who generally has to fight about every round he buys and every minute of range time, losing that Glock sounds like it was a small price to pay for a great wife. Give that girl a kiss and go shopping for whatever suits you best.

Sent from my Motorola on a very tiny keyboard. Awkward autocorrects are not unexpected.

I wish my wife cared enough about shooting to claim one of mine. You're a lucky guy! I have owned a bunch of guns, and sold or traded most away. I'm a big Glock fan and I think you're on the right track. You also have the right idea about same caliber- same mags. the grip angle & trigger are the same. So if you or your wife had to use the gun in a defense situation- you would perform best with that gun that you have so much trigger time on.

I own both G23 & G27 and the difference is 1/2" in height and length. I have carried both for years (since 2007.) Both are awesome as most of us agree. I don't know why 1/2" matters that much, but the G27 is definitely easier for me to conceal in the summer. So that's my vote G27.

You could opt for the NiB slide finish or an o.d. frame if you felt you wanted "something different."
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I carry an XDs. It is comfortable and will stop an elephant....
    If you find yourself in a fair fight you didn't plan your mission properly!

I like the idea of at least staying with the same caliber. I must say that the Glock 27 really is not much easier to carry than the 23. I have had both. What really makes the difference in carry is the holster. I love my Remora, but its for a very small single stack 9mm. I would stay with the Glock 23 and get a different holster.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    A few of you may remember me coming in here and complaining that I had gone to the range with my wife. I let her shoot my XD9 and by the time we left the range, it was hers.

Well, we were at the range today and towards the end, I had her shoot my Glock 23. I always encourage her to shoot my handgun in case a situation arises where she can't get to hers. Well, Lo and behold . . . I've now lost my 23 to my wife.

So, here's what I'm faced with, and I want some opinions on a new CC handgun: I loved the glock 23. It fit my hand, had a sold feel while I was shooting it, and I shot it pretty well. However, it is a little more difficult to carry concealed. I tend to carry at the 6 oclock position in a remora holster. I've thought about buying Glock 27 so that the clips are interchangeable in a SHTF situation. It also will help if we only have to buy one type of ammo mainly. I've also thought about switching over to a different pistol as well. Wouldn't mind trying a XD40 in a subcompact, or even a FN.

So, thoughts? I know that in the end, it's also about feel, and the next time I go to the range, I'm going to rent a couple different types of weapons and give them a try, I'm trying to find out which ones I should give a go at.
    Check with your wife first and determine what models she hates then you will have a few to choose from....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member
    Will she let you borrow the XD9 when she isn't using it?

Or does she carry both?

Well; look at the bright side you only lost a couple pistols............ I lost my F350 dully that way for a while. While in Iraq for 2 years I asked the wife to drive it a couple time a month just to keep fluids pumping etc. I get an email after about 9 months telling me the truck was now hers

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Let her have any gun she wants. Cheaper than a divorce. I lost house, 1 car and my dignity.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

In the meantime, ask her if you can borrow "her" XD9.

Two solutions for you. A. Don't let your wife touch any gun you want to keep. With solution A, you will probably end up sleeping on the couch.. a lot . B. If you find a gun you like and want to buy it save enough discretionary income for two of the same gun. That way you each have one of your own and no sleeping on the couch for you. Also, she might be less likely to complain about you spending so much on guns.

Think smart, Buy a 1911 and she will say its too heavy. ITs a .45 so you are set anyways :P for any situation. lol
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    You didn't lose it, sweetie. It was repurposed. Good luck finding your new one and DON'T stop taking the Mrs. to the range with you. You can always find another weapon, but you will play heck finding another wife who shares range time.
    +1

I wish I had your problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    and the next time I go to the range, I'm going to rent a couple different types of weapons and give them a try, I'm trying to find out which ones I should give a go at.
    I suppose your opposed to going to the bar and trying out a few different wives until you find one that won't steal your guns.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links