Lost my Weapon - again!

Lost my Weapon - again!

This is a discussion on Lost my Weapon - again! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few of you may remember me coming in here and complaining that I had gone to the range with my wife. I let her ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Lost my Weapon - again!

Lost my Weapon - again!

A few of you may remember me coming in here and complaining that I had gone to the range with my wife. I let her shoot my XD9 and by the time we left the range, it was hers.

Well, we were at the range today and towards the end, I had her shoot my Glock 23. I always encourage her to shoot my handgun in case a situation arises where she can't get to hers. Well, Lo and behold . . . I've now lost my 23 to my wife.

So, here's what I'm faced with, and I want some opinions on a new CC handgun: I loved the glock 23. It fit my hand, had a sold feel while I was shooting it, and I shot it pretty well. However, it is a little more difficult to carry concealed. I tend to carry at the 6 oclock position in a remora holster. I've thought about buying Glock 27 so that the clips are interchangeable in a SHTF situation. It also will help if we only have to buy one type of ammo mainly. I've also thought about switching over to a different pistol as well. Wouldn't mind trying a XD40 in a subcompact, or even a FN.

So, thoughts? I know that in the end, it's also about feel, and the next time I go to the range, I'm going to rent a couple different types of weapons and give them a try, I'm trying to find out which ones I should give a go at.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I have the suncompact xd 40 and it is my concealed carry gun.

i like mine, unfortunately a SA 1911 Lightweight Operator Champion just replaced it... Springfields are great guns. get it
    MikeXD40

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Six o clock in a Remora?
    What kind of challenges does that present for you ?

VIP Member
    The op is looking at this all wrong. The 23 was never yours to begin with. What is hers is hers and what is yours is hers. You really meant to say you gifted your wife a field tested 23 and are actively looking for another firearm to field test for a while.

My vote is for the 27

Fla
    Ask yourself what you want her to have next.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

You're doing it wrong. At this point, just take the wife and pick from whatever guns she doesn't like.
    91wm6, bigmacque and sioux565 like this.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Get another 23. Or a 32. Or a 19.

Get another Glock 23, so next time your wife will already have one so she won't steal it.
    bigmacque and Chief1297 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    The op is looking at this all wrong. The 23 was never yours to begin with. What is hers is hers and what is yours is hers. You really meant to say you gifted your wife a field tested 23 and are actively looking for another firearm to field test for a while.
    Hey! Mrs. Jemsaal? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla View Post
    Ask yourself what you want her to have next.
    No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSniper View Post
    Get another Glock 23, so next time your wife will already have one so she won't steal it.
    I already thought about that, but then the idea of going with a subcompact hit me. It really would be easier to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Six o clock in a Remora?
    What kind of challenges does that present for you ?
    I'm on the "rotund" side of the fence now a days. Carrying it here like that is pretty good for me. I wear larger shirts so it really hides the weapon well. Also, I can sit down without being uncomfortable with a gun poking into my side or leg. What I really like, is that when I have it sitting in the small of my back, I can even lean against the back rest and be somewhat comfortable.

The challenges, are that I have to make sure it's properly positioned only by feel. I'm not even quite used to that yet, so I'm still playing with it a bit as I walk around, which I don't like obviously. The nice thing though, is that since I'm a bit heavier, people just give me the "poor fat guy is always having to pull up his pants" look.

I've started carrying my wallet in my back pocket again as well (haven't for years). This way, if I'm mugged and someone asks for my wallet, I have to pull up the bottom of my shirt anyway. They won't know that I'm reaching just a little higher than my pocket.

Obama wants you to have a background check for that "transaction."
    Just sayin'

I have a 23 and a 27. I love both of them but I felt that they were a little bulky for me to carry IWB. I looked around for a while and decided to try a lc9. I now you wanted to stay with a 40 as I did too. But once I shot it and got the remora to carry it in I really like it. I carry it at the 4 o'clock position and it feels great. No matter what I'm doing. It is even comfortable driving. I just got back from a 3 hour trip and didn't have to adjust it at all. Sometimes it's fun to change callibers.

So.... are you telling us that generally speaking .... you are "whipped" ??
    Spade115 and blitzburgh like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links