Anybody carrying an SP101 Concealed?

This is a discussion on Anybody carrying an SP101 Concealed? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another option. Conceals well under a t-shirt. Leather made by R Grizzle Leather ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anybody carrying an SP101 Concealed?

Another option. Conceals well under a t-shirt. Leather made by R Grizzle Leather.

"The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

2. Remove Ads

That one's so good looking I wouldn't want to conceal it.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Tuck Clip this is what I went with but this site has a lot of holsters that seem to work very well with revolvers. You will likely find something very suiting for your sp101.

I was looking at sideguard holsters for my GP100, using a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar pancake for the SP101 currently.

Olduser, that sure is a nice looking rig!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

I have the 3" model in .357 mag that I edc it in a whitehat maxtuk at about 3 o'clock. I love how rugged it is especially since I've had semi-autos fail on me. Sp101 is a great gun and the .38/.357 makes it incredibly versitle from light .38 target loads to full.357 magnum defense rounds.

Cool

My SP-101 is not my EDC however it gets it's share of carry time in a Side Guard Quick Clip holster.

photo.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    Old Grunt, I picked it up today. I posted photos in the Search for the Golden Fleece thread.

In Search of the Golden Fleece
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
    OUTSTANDING! Congrats on such a beautiful revolver. Everything you need and nothing more!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Anybody carrying an SP101 Concealed?

I have used IWB and OWB but prefer OWB with mine. In my opinion weight is no issue and the gun rides so well I forget I'm wearing it.

Here's my EDC I keep loaded with Black Talons......I have a large stash of the originals. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerman View Post
    I have used IWB and OWB but prefer OWB with mine. In my opinion weight is no issue and the gun rides so well I forget I'm wearing it.

Here's my EDC I keep loaded with Black Talons......I have a large stash of the originals. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Strong medicine there, Fingerman...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I have been looking at one of these but while I was at a local range they had one for rental which they said was brand new. I asked to dry fire it and the double action pull was the hardest most awful I've ever experienced. Literally 25 pounds and felt like I was going to break it. Is this normal or do you guys think this ones a dud??

Quote Originally Posted by Stein79 View Post
    I have been looking at one of these but while I was at a local range they had one for rental which they said was brand new. I asked to dry fire it and the double action pull was the hardest most awful I've ever experienced. Literally 25 pounds and felt like I was going to break it. Is this normal or do you guys think this ones a dud??
    They come with a 14lb trigger, but it doesn't feel that way at all. You can get a spring kit for $12 that comes with 9,10,11,12 springs. Pretty sure I'm doing that but it's not very heavy.

My EDC is the SP101 2.25" carried in a Milt Sparks OWB "PMK" and I hardly know it's there! To be fair, I should add that I'm in blue-jeans most of the time with shirt out and carry position is at 2:30. With shirt tucked and jacket open, I move the position to about 3:30. The "PMK" really holds
    the weapon in close to your body. I couldn't be happier with the combination! Milt Sparks PMK

I have the 2 1/4 with bobbed hammer. It's not my EDC anymore, but when I carry it, it's in either a Summer Special or a nylon pancake from Uncle Mikes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links