s&w m&p sheild 9mm or ruger lc9 help me

This is a discussion on s&w m&p sheild 9mm or ruger lc9 help me within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Lc9 really like it pocket carry...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: s&w m&p sheild 9mm or ruger lc9 help me

I have the Lc9 really like it pocket carry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

I don't think you'll have any regrets with the Shield, but if you do, I'll be happy to buy it from you as my wife is trying to steal mine away from me.
    LOL exactly what I said. I'll take if off your hands OP.. as they are harder to find around here than the dirty black rifles.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

I have the Shield in both 9mm and .40 and absolutely love them both. The Shield has become my main EDC gun. It is an amazing IWB gun but I agree with the others that it is too big for pocket carry.

Shield fan my self. I've shot both, but I own a 9mm Shield. I will say, Shields are impossible to find, but LC9's are in stock every where I've looked, so that should tell you something.

If the decision were mine I would go with the Shield.

Have a LC9. Shot a Sheild this weekend. Prefer the Sheild.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

As others have said the Shield is to big for pocket carry. But I would say it can be very enjoyable to shoot at the range unlike the LC9 which will make your hand feel like you've caught a couple MLB fastballs barehanded. Also the LC9 for me had mag drop issues due to my finger hitting the button when firing, same thing was happening to my wife when she shot it. Some people don't have this problem but lots of people have had the same problem. I hate the LC9, but I am partial to S&W. Go with the Shield you won't be sorry, then get a S&W Bodyguard 380 for pocket carry.

The OP is 290 and 6'4" guys. I really doubt he'll have a hard time pocketing a Shield.

Should be a no brainer question.

Try both triggers and you'll have no problem to decide. I have tried both + a Kahr, went home with the kahr ONLY because I despise "safety switches" and LCI... otherwise, I would have brought home the ??????? coz it has a sweet trigger just like my Glocks.

Although I don't own a Shield, I've shot one, and I do own a S&W M&P compact model. I also own an LC9. If you want a gun that's more fun to shoot, get the S&W. If you want one that's easier to carry, get the LC9. At 5' 9" and about 150 lbs., I'm not what you'd call "a person of size" (to be politically correct). But I don't find the recoil of the LC9 to be an issue at all, and with practice it's not difficult to become comfortable with the trigger. I wouldn't use the gun for competition target shooting, but neither would I use the Shield. The long trigger pull allows me to safely carry the gun with a round in the chamber and the safety off.

I have a lc9, g27, bodygaurd 380, a cm9, and just bought a shield.

I pocket carry the bodygaurd, but my normal edc is the cm9 in either a remora or crossbreed holster iwb. I love the cm9 is is the perfect small carry gun, I have never had a problem with it.

Can't wait to start shooting the shield. We'll see which one the wife carries.
    voodoo304 likes this.

I have the LC 9... I too was deciding between both guns. I shot about 100 rounds thru the Ruger and had no problems. That was until I got defensive rounds. When i filled the mag to 7, it jammed every time I tried to chamber a round.... if i have 6 in the mag, it chambers no problem...I'm going to call Ruger and will update this post.

--OK...Just got off the phone with Ruger... they are emailing me a prepaid label send the Ruger LC 9 back for them to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rpres62 View Post
    I have a lc9, g27, bodygaurd 380, a cm9, and just bought a shield.

I pocket carry the bodygaurd, but my normal edc is the cm9 in either a remora or crossbreed holster iwb. I love the cm9 is is the perfect small carry gun, I have never had a problem with it.

Can't wait to start shooting the shield. We'll see which one the wife carries.
    The shield shoots nice, very accurate and quick follow up shots. It is bigger than the kahr which I still prefer.

My wife picked up the shield and was dead on with it. She felt like it had less recoil than the Kahr or her Ruger LC9.

Wife has a shield. She absolutely loves it. It shoots really well. Good trigger and VERY accurate for its size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links