Questions on Kimber.

This is a discussion on Questions on Kimber. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pincus wasn't knocking Kimber. He was knocking 3" 1911's of any make. As JD said, slide mass and dwell time adversely affect timing. Pincus isn't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Questions on Kimber.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Pincus wasn't knocking Kimber. He was knocking 3" 1911's of any make. As JD said, slide mass and dwell time adversely affect timing.
    Pincus isn't an Internet hero, he's a well known instructor at a respected school. I'm not a groupie, I'm just not so dismissive of his résumé. I see him as one of several reliable opinions to be considered.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Thanks for all the imput. I forwarded this to my father-in-law and really hope he will read it. Heck it be nice if he would start looking around over here. Alot of knowledge. I'm glad I found this forum.

I have owned three Kimbers and still have two of them (an older full size and a newer Ultra CDP II) and I have not had any problems with either one. I wouldn't have any reservations about getting another one, and probably will do exactly that at some point.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not so much the barrel length, but everything that goes with it, less slide mass, stiffer recoil spring, etc. All those things alter the timing that has to be correct for the gun to do what it needs to do to function properly.
    pitch of the feed ramp...

I have a full size Kimber that I carry on a daily basis, except in the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a tank top. I have put a lot of rounds thru it over the years, and have had NO problems whatsoever with it. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    pitch of the feed ramp...
    Yep. If you look at the feed ramp of a sub-compact 1911, it's almost vertical. That's the cause of almost all of the feeding issues. I don't honestly know why some of them are jam o'matics, while others will feed anything you give it (like my Ultra CDP).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links