Pocket carry: Kahr CM9 vs Sig p938/P238

This is a discussion on Pocket carry: Kahr CM9 vs Sig p938/P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My only problem with the 938 is that they do not exist around here. So I got a 238 Scorpion. Not a bit sorry....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pocket carry: Kahr CM9 vs Sig p938/P238

My only problem with the 938 is that they do not exist around here.

So I got a 238 Scorpion. Not a bit sorry.

2. Remove Ads

I pocket carry a P-238 especially in the summer in cargo shorts. Be sure to have a good pocket holster. I made mine out of .060 kydex to cover the trigger and hook into the pocket lip as I draw it. It isn't as fast a draw as my cross-draw holster but it is a hellofa lot better than running back to the pickup to get a gun. :-)
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

I pocket carry a Sig P938 with a 7 round mag in a DeSantis holster.

The 7 round mag improves the whole feel of the grip in my opinion.

Carrying in condition 1 has never been a problem for me...the gun won't discharge all by itself and shoot me.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Kahr CM9

I recently switched over from a J-frame revolver to a CM9 and have not looked back. My other carry pistol is a Glock and the Kahr is a a miniature version, keeping my muscle memory consistent. Not having to think more than necessary when under stress is my preference. So far the Kahr has been 100% and a dream to carry. Installing a good rubber grip helps tremendously

Quote Originally Posted by TNELK View Post
    I recently switched over from a J-frame revolver to a CM9 and have not looked back. My other carry pistol is a Glock and the Kahr is a a miniature version, keeping my muscle memory consistent. Not having to think more than necessary when under stress is my preference. So far the Kahr has been 100% and a dream to carry. Installing a good rubber grip helps tremendously
    Which rubber grip did you go with? Talon?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    I just went through all of this myself and ended up with a CM9. I wanted at least a 9mm, so I didn't consider the P238. I did consider the P938, but I was just too apprehensive about pocket carrying cocked & locked. I'm sure it's perfectly safe and I know a lot of people do it, but I just couldn't bring myself too. It is a nice pistol though.

In my opinion, the CM9 has the perfect trigger for pocket carrying. It is a DAO trigger that is long, but not too heavy, and it is very smooth with no stacking. It is also one of the smallest, lightest 9mm single stacks on the market. It is still a pocket full though and I wouldn't want anything any bigger for pocket carry.

In the end, most all of them are good pistols. Just pick the one you like the best. I wish I had them all and could rotate them daily.
    I think I have decided on the Kahr as its most like my Glocks in terms of trigger and no safety. I am more impressed with the 1911 style Sigs than I thought I would be. I think I may get a .380 later this spring and practice with it some to see if I can get comfortable enough to click off safety in a pressure situation.

Thanks for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Trex33 View Post
    I think I have decided on the Kahr as its most like my Glocks in terms of trigger and no safety. I am more impressed with the 1911 style Sigs than I thought I would be. I think I may get a .380 later this spring and practice with it some to see if I can get comfortable enough to click off safety in a pressure situation.

Thanks for your feedback!
    You're welcome. Yeah 1911 style pistols are very attractive. I'd like to own a P938 & a Springfield EMP, and I may at some point, but it's just not in the cards right now. The Kimber Solo is another nice pistol that is pocketable and kind of has that 1911 look to it, although it's striker fired. It's a bit more spendy than the Kahr though.

There are so many good choices, it's hard to settle on one. The good thing is that in today's market that if you end up with something you don't like, you can always sell it and get something else without taking too bad of a beating on it. Well, at least until they close that "loop hole". hehe
    Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Personally, I would never pocket carry a single action pistol regardless of whether it had a thumb safety or not.
    Let me get this straight. You will carry a gun that if something gets caught in the trigger, it will go off but not carry a gun with an 8 lb. trigger that also has a manual safety so that two things need to happen before it goes off? Uninformed people hear Single Action and automatically assume a light trigger pull. In fact, the P938 and P238 require more force than a Glock does to fire and no one has any problems carrying a Glock that has no manual safety. Makes no sense to me as I know which is more safe and it isn't the gun with the lighter trigger pull and no manual safety.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links