Can anyone warn me away from this purchase?

This is a discussion on Can anyone warn me away from this purchase? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Go with what you like,trust your gut. You gotta shoot it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can anyone warn me away from this purchase?

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Go with what you like,trust your gut. You gotta shoot it.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Real men carry a Hi-Point! There, did that change your mind?

Go with what your more comfortable shooting.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My muscle memory and bone structure prefers the XD lineup because of the grip angle and bore axis. I carried an XDSC for several years. I had it pimped out with stippling and big dots. Fantastic weapon all around, never a single issue and very nice recoil management.

You should do yourself a favor and shoot the GLOCK in .45ACP as well. Since you're back and forth between .40S&W and .9MM, you might as well try the larger caliber as well. I have found the .45ACP to be easier to shoot, in the small GLOCKS, as the recoil pushes instead of snaps, if that makes any sense. Given the choice of 9/40/45 in the small GLOCK, I'd choose the .45ACP every time.

I'm an accomplished shooter, and a large man, but almost everyone I've shot with, who have tried shooting them all, have agreed with me. Just food for thought. I don't have anything against the XD, just prefer the GLOCK as I have much more experience with it.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I've had Glocks, Sigs, Kimbers, and many others over the years. All fine weapons I can easily recommend. For me, I found a gun and caliber I love and its a great fit for my lifestyle and shooting abilities. I have 4 SA XD40 SC's and love them. Reliable, easy to conceal, 9 and 12 round mags come with it, and the 40 round is my favorite.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

XD40SC for me

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorobp View Post
    My EDC is the XD40SC and I LOVE it. Great pistol, easy to shoot, easy to conceal etc etc. Just my choice.
    Although I'm fairly new to handguns in general, I also chose an XD40 SC and love it. Once I'm licensed, it will be my EDC as well. Now about holsters...

I am a major M&p fan but i really like how the xd's shoot.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Though I don't carry my XD40SC much anymore, it is my nightstand gun. I have over 1,000 rounds through it and took it to the range today. Put about 70 rounds down range and still impressed with how accurate and fun it is to shoot. Had a new shooter with me and he loved it as well.

So I went to the store today, paid for it and took it to the range. Put a target out at 5 yards just to get a feel for the gun and grouping. Loved it. Moved it to 10 yards, still loved it. Solid little thing and the best I've shot yet. At ten yards, put two rounds through the "X" itself. (Well, actually the seven, but that's what I was aiming for).

Haven't pushed the targets out to 15 and 20 yards yet as I'm still trying to get used to it. Also, the testing for my CCL class is 5 and 10 yards, so I'm sticking with that for now.

Then - I decide to stop at Wally-world on the way home to see if they have any .40 home defense. They did, but not at the prices I wanted to pay. Anyway, the clerk walks up pushing a cart . . . of ammo! No .40, but they had 9mm! The first guy buys 3 boxes of winchester 9mm. That was all he thought they had, so he switched over and bought 3 boxes of Tul-Ammo as well. When he walked off, the guy behind the counter double-checked for .40, and found an entire case of Winchester 9mm (500 rounds) and a case of Tul-Ammo (1000) rounds. There was a guy standing behind me so I asked what he wanted, as I was going to share the Winchester 9mm with him. Turns out, he wanted .40, so I bought the case of W9mm for $145.00 Talk about hitting a gold mine.

Since there's still over a 1000 rounds of 9mm Tul-Ammo, I didn't feel bad about my purchase either, especially since we went through 200 rounds of 9mm yesterday alone at the range.

All in all, it's been a pretty dang good day, well, it will be until I see the bill for all these purchases!
    blanco64 likes this.

Enjoy!

The one's you mentioned all are good firearms.Whichever feels the best and the one you are the most accurate at shooting.I have glock and xd.Love both of them.

Congratulations on your new xd. You can always buy one of the others later.

If you're like most of us you'll end up with way more guns than you need anyway.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links