Can anyone warn me away from this purchase?

This is a discussion on Can anyone warn me away from this purchase? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After shooting the Glock 26, Glock 27, and XDSC in a 9 and .40 I've decided on the XDSC in a .40. The Glock 27 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can anyone warn me away from this purchase?

After shooting the Glock 26, Glock 27, and XDSC in a 9 and .40 I've decided on the XDSC in a .40. The Glock 27 felt too snappy and to be honest, I could get the XD40 back on target about as fast as the G26, so there's really no reason to drop to a 9 I think.

Also, my groupings with the XD were pretty good. For such a small gun, I was impressed with it even at fifteen yards. I can't find an XDm around here to buy, so I didn't try one, but I'm not sure if it's worth going to an XDm from the regular XD anyway.

Because it's smaller, but I'm only giving up one round, this is going to quickly become my CCW. Before I take the plunge, what do you all think of the choice to go XD and not hold out for an XDm? What is the real difference? Is it worth the price difference? Also, would there be a whole lot of difference in how they feel/shoot?

Guess maybe I should have shot that one as well. Oh well.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    XDs and Glocks are great guns. I prefer the Glocks. Also the 9mm so the Glock 26 is my EDC. But they are like shoes. You have to find one that fits you.

Seems like you have shot them and have decided. You really won't go wrong with any of the above choices. But if you do decide to get the Glock 26 and don't really like, it, I can, uh, er, gun sit for ya.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

At least you've given things a trial run. Whatever works best for you is what you should have.

VIP Member
    Go with what suits you.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

While I did not shoot the Glocks I went the same route, in a sense. I hated the feel of the Glock grip so I looked for something comparable. I ended up with an XD-40 and love it. Great gun. It has been flawless except with Fiocchi ammo. Weird, but everything else has been stellar no issues at all. I can not talk you out of it and would encourage you to go with the XDm. Wish I could get one here, or XD. One thing I have noticed after shooting other pistols is that the bore axis is higher. Other than that there are no complaints form this guy with close to 1000 rds though mine. Not sure what the Glocks come with by my XD had 2 mags, a mag pouch, holster and speed loader. None of which were amazing, but all of which are nice to have.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I shot both and decided on the XD in 9mm. This was before the XDM came out. I went with 9mm so it would be easier for my wife to handle it also.
    Now she considers that "her gun" oh well. LOL!

It is a great gun and I have been happy with it.

Be safe
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

The funny thing is, when I tried the XD-40 versus the Glock 23 a month or so ago, I liked the 23 better and bought it. But for some reason when I get into the SC guns, I'm just shooting the XD better.

So, any thoughts on the XDm versus a straight XD? I'm still not too sure about the difference.

Re: Can anyone warn me away from this purchase?

I'm partial to hammer fired handguns....

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the 9mm over .40 for cost of ammo and magazine capacity and with modern ballistics the difference between 9mm and .40 is minimal. I also prefer Glock so I would have chosen the 26.

My EDC is the XD40SC and I LOVE it. Great pistol, easy to shoot, easy to conceal etc etc. Just my choice.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    It looks as if you have answered your own question. Both guns are great and you have found the one that fits you. Go ahead and get the XD, if you decide later that you do not like it you could always give it to me for a Christmas present.

Well - made my choice. After listening to you all and reading up on it, I realized that the "m" really isn't going to do anything for me. So I bought the XD40SC.

IT's this exactly, except that I got it new for an extra thirty dollars (the one shown is used).

It's this exactly, except that I have a 12+1 mag.
    Springfield XDsc40 in 40 S&W Semi Auto Pistol - New

My XD40sc has been my primary EDC for 4 years or so. I added Pearce pinky extensions and it really improved the overall feel of the gun for me. I chose it for the simple reason that I shot it better than any other subcompact (and I shot a lot). I just bought a XDm 9mm full size and I can't tell any discernable difference one to the other. More cosmetic differences than anything.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Well - made my choice. After listening to you all and reading up on it, I realized that the "m" really isn't going to do anything for me. So I bought the XD40SC.

IT's this exactly, except that I got it new for an extra thirty dollars (the one shown is used).

It's this exactly, except that I have a 12+1 mag.
    Springfield XDsc40 in 40 S&W Semi Auto Pistol - New
    Hell great choice and enjoy it. I'm more surprised they had them in stock. We have had request in to 4 distributors for them. Congrats and be safe brother. Shoot it and shoot it well.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I really like my XD40SC. It shoots great and feels good in my hand. The only complaint I have about it for CC is the weight. It's a pretty heavy gun, which I think contributes to the lower felt recoil. I still carry it daily anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links