Glock 23 Conversion...safe to carry?

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Conversion...safe to carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a glock 23 and was thinking about getting a conversion barrel to 9mm. I CC with my 23 currently, can anyone testify to the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Daddydon
  • 1 Post By Daddydon
  • 1 Post By matthew03

Thread: Glock 23 Conversion...safe to carry?

Have a glock 23 and was thinking about getting a conversion barrel to 9mm. I CC with my 23 currently, can anyone testify to the
    dependability of a glock 23 converted to a 9mm?

Yes they should be compatible. Oh and semper fi, 51 myself
    0331 likes this.

yeah I know they make a compatible 9mm barrel, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it, malfunctions, etc. I would like to CC with the 9mm barrel but want to be confidant in doing so.

Ah, we'll call glock...don't take personal experience all the time...don't ignore it, note it, but also check manufacturers. Glock made their weapons for this. I turned my 30 into a 29 (45acp to 10mm)No problems. And lone wolf barrels are less expensive than the glock factory barrels. And you can convert to 357 sig which I'd recommend. I did that with my 22. No probs. and you don't need a new mag with 357. It a neck down 40 and it's up there in lethality with the 10mm, just in an ity bullet. Texas state patrol and secret service love it. The faster the bullet, the better the odds of expansion in hollow points, even through barriers...i know, lots of yap...spend way too much time learning the art
    0331 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Converting a G23 to 9mm will work fine for range use, but for carry you want to be 100% reliable. You will need to switch the extractor, ejector and use G19 mags to be sure. There are conversions that never see any issues and then there are guns that run well, but not optimally. For a carry gun you need to be sure.
    0331 likes this.

Indeed, thanks for the backup. That's right. And tons of rounds and training. I don't recommend a range. I recommend woods or somewhere, legal of course, that is clear enough to practice defense drills to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Converting a G23 to 9mm will work fine for range use, but for carry you want to be 100% reliable. You will need to switch the extractor, ejector and use G19 mags to be sure. There are conversions that never see any issues and then there are guns that run well, but not optimally. For a carry gun you need to be sure.
    Matthew got it right...

thanks guys, all great advice, im going to try out lone wolf and see how that works at the range, change out extractor ejecter, if it works well, ill consider it for carry.

I just ask that you also do your research on 357 sig as well. I know from my time in the sandbox, the 9mm was ineffective. Don't sell yourself short on something that could save your life. Just please do some research.

Links