New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry - Page 2

New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You'll find that in the gun world, with a few exceptions, you get what you pay for....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry

You'll find that in the gun world, with a few exceptions, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    I was wondering the same thing! Or maybe the wife gave him the "green light" because the GF wasn't going to use it.
    You guys read my mind, I figured he had bigger problems than trying to figure out what gun to use…… Figuring out what woman he was.

LOL! Sorry Guys! My Girlfriend, 1 and only. No Wife, WOW im getting ahead of myself. Ill fix that ASAP

I figured you do get what you pay for, thats why im leery of the Kahrs because they are dirt cheap but probably dirt in general Lol

When I was in the gun shop I held a Ruger LC9 and my entire pinky was dangling off, like not even a chance of it going on whatsoever... Then I held a Ruger SR40c and that was / seemed to be the perfect size, it was a nice grip with all my fingers attached

The first thing I do when im researching new guns is go on youtube and try to see if that Hickok45 guy has reviewed it - that guy is a wizard when it comes to guns!

Also Yes, New Hampshires motto... Live Free or Die!... No Class needed, as long as your 18 years old, dont have a history and have a 10 dollar bill on you, you can go get a Concealed Weapons Permit - No Class Needed.

Im doing the classes purely voluntarily for my own benefit

I carry a 1911G everyday, but sad to say none cost below $500. A friend that I shoot with has a Kahr or should I say had. He shot it a couple of months and sold it to purchase a FNH. I personally carry full size models because my size allows it. Just a little above your price range, but for $699 you can purchase the Ruger SR1911. I have shot this firearm and it seems like it will be a very durable and reliable gun. Only issue, this is the first year of production and the actual durability and reliability aren't really known yet.

$10? Nice!

MI requires a $105 filing fee and a training course that usually costs about $120 in my area...

Renewal is the same cost as applying, so $105 there too...

Get a Hi Point JHP. Welcome to the forum! :)

Something to consider is the safety. What type of safety would you be most comfortable with? I would think that would be way up on the list along with the general feel and "shootability" of any particular pistol.

Make a list of the general variations of firearms in general and check the "must-haves" and "nice to haves" and let that guide you to a small group of pistols, then choose from those based on "shootability" (rent them at a range and try them out), then price, etc.

Keep in mind also, that you can buy pinky extensions for magazines for several different pistols.

VIP Member
    Either the springfield XDs or the Glock G30 will be excellent choices.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

PX4 Storm Compact..
    Crazy reliable and accurate,and for a .40 or .45 recoil is extremely managable compared to any other gun in those calibers.
    Not gonn get into it..But just check out the PX4 series.
    and WElcome

You've already gotten some good replies so I'll just say Welcome to the forum and to the world of CC.

So sounds like the XDS is a good choice? Not one person has mentions the Kahrs lol..

You are really going to have to head to a range, try some contenders, and see what works best for YOU.

My only comment is about the safe. I do NOT trust the thumb print readers. If your finger is wet, dirty, sweaty, bloody - will it get read properly? I highly doubt it.

I would suggest a GunVault or similar safe with the 4-button combination keypad on top, AND a backup key. Make sure you get the ones that plug in to an outlet, with battery backup (so you have both battery and a key backup).

Welcome to the forum!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

If the .45ACP is grabbing you, check out the CZ 97. Have had a few CZ's and shot many others. Well worth the look, if you're open to any make/model of handgun.

If you're patient, you might also find a pre-owned H&K USP or USP Compact .45ACP for $600 or less.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Welcome. Springfield XDS or Glock 36, G30 if you'd prefer a few more rounds.

It's nice to see that you're already asking your GF's permission for everything. It's good practice for when you get married.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links