New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GH Don't forget to consider a Glock 21 or S&W's M&P 45 or 45C (with pinky extensions on the mags). With your ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New User - First Time Owner - Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Don't forget to consider a Glock 21 or S&W's M&P 45 or 45C (with pinky extensions on the mags). With your size I'd stay away from the itty-bitty guns although those would be easier to conceal.

The G21 carries 13 rounds +1 in the chamber giving you a good capacity. The M&P 45 carries 10+1 & the 45C (compact) carries 8+1. Glock subcompacts in .45 cal - the G30 has a 10+1 round capacity, the G36 - 6+1 rounds. Those might be a bit small for you but highly concealable & would probably be okay with pinky extensions on the mags.

All of the guns mentioned above are fine guns. It's just that I know Glock & M&P.
    I second all of these suggestions! I would have to say the Glock and M&P's are the best in my opinion. Like someone else said 45 ammo is expensive so take that into consideration. If you decide that to be an issue because you would want to practice often I would suggest the S&W M&P 40 (15+1) or 40c (10+1) then you can get a factory 9mm barrel for $65 and a 17 round 9mm mag for $23 and practice with 9mm and carry 40 cal. That's what I do and works out great! I have the 40c and it can take full size mags for the range and home defense. So essentially you get 2 guns in 1! Range gun 9mm and 40 (full size mags), concealed carry gun, and home defense gun (full size 40 cal mags with weapon light)

Welcome to the world of guns, I have to warn you it's highly addictive and you can bet your bottom dollar you'll be purchasing more guns in the near future if your anything like me and my buddies, or all gun guys for that matter!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Small 45 for IWB concealment

I also like 45 caliber, and use two different guns that fit your criteria. The Glock 36 is probably the closest fit, and within your price constraints. It is the thinnest of the Glocks, especially in the grip area, and is easily concealable. It is also highly reliable, accurate and fun to shoot at the range.

I also use a Colt Defender 45 frequently. This is even thinner than the Glock 36 and a great choice for IWB carry. But it may cost more than your price constraint.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Any opinions on the Kahr CW45?? I can get them for $350 brand new...

Kahr Recommends a 200 round break in period at minimum, and ive seen / heard that they can be finicky sometimes... I could pick one up along with 200 rounds of walmart WWB and go to town, as long as i know after the break in that it will be reliable.

I like the fact that it has zero safeties whatsoever other then your brain and a long trigger pull, seems identical in size to the Springfield XDS also except it has +1 capacity so the grip is a little longer - but seems very concealable

Im really liking the Springfield XDS though! But the price difference is significant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links