Beretta Nano 9mm

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you think my wife will have troubles shooting it? recoil wise...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Nano 9mm

Do you think my wife will have troubles shooting it?
    recoil wise

2. Remove Ads

Beretta Nano 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by drinknshoot View Post
    recoil wise
    My wife did not have any trouble at all. She shot my nano , sig p250 sc and kahr p380. She preferred the nano and used it for her CC class.

Beretta Nano 9mm

recoil wise
    My GF shoots mine, and she's pretty tiny. Might consider grabbing one of the new 8 round mags to give her more to hold on to.

I've got one and the recoil isn't bad at all.
    Becky
    XDs .45
    Nano 9mm

I may be a girl, but I can protect myself!

My EDC is a Glock 27 I an 5'9 and 205 and I carry it in a fist 1a that conceals well. I have been in the market for a 9mm carry gun and the nano looks like an outstanding option

beretta nano

The beretta nano is a great ccw weapon. It has a 6 round magazine and a 71/2 pound trigger. The heavy trigger is a problem for some, but that is the built in safety factor for this weapon. You must commit to the trigger pull in order to be accurate with it. It is a very accurate weapon but it is not a target gun. I have had no problems with it at all. It does not come with night sites so you must add them yourself. It is very easy to conceal in a pocket holster or an IWB holster. As with all weapons, one must shoot them to become familiar with the way they operate and to be accurate. If you are a pistol shooter, this should not be a problem. The recoil is much easier than expected for such a short barrel. The trigger reset is fast. Hope this heps.

recoil wise
    if you want to keep your pistol you don't let your wife shoot it. she will take it faster than Obama.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

That's pretty scary!
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I just picked up my Nano on Sunday. Saturday evening we stopped by the local hardware store, which I do often to see if they have anything fun or new in but more so to see if they had any snubbies in stock. I saw the Nano sitting on the bottom shelf all by itself. I felt really bad for it, I had seen some reviews on it and they sounded positive and the sticker was 409.99 which is decent from what I've found for a small semi-auto in today's market. I came home, searched the internet high and low for reviews. By midnight I had decided that I'll be there as soon as the doors open to pick it up. I went up there at 10:00am, it was still there so I took it home.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I can really tell that I'm going to love carrying the Nano. IMO, the size is perfect. It's solid feeling but light enough that you don't really notice it. I've been carrying a 1911 compact and an XD9 Service model around. It fits in the pants pocket, barely. I have it in a hybrid holster for a full size Sig 1911 to wear around the house. It clips in there good but isn't perfect. I've ordered a Remora holster for it, and will probably pickup a Beretta BU Hybrid later (unless I just love the Remora to much.)

The next trick is going to be finding 9mm to get out and shoot.... I have a little, but not as much as I'd like. No one around here has any to pickup.

Hello All,

I just recently picked up a Nano for myself and will be using it as an EDC. Since it doesn't have the traditional safety, are any/all of you carrying it with a
    chambered round or practicing racking a round while you're drawing. Not new to firearms but am new to CCW....

Thanks
    Jeff

Beretta Nano 9mm

The Nano is a good pistol. Also they are coming out with a 40 and 45.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoman View Post
    Hello All,

I just recently picked up a Nano for myself and will be using it as an EDC. Since it doesn't have the traditional safety, are any/all of you carrying it with a
    chambered round or practicing racking a round while you're drawing. Not new to firearms but am new to CCW....

Thanks
    Jeff
    It has a pretty long & heavy trigger pull so I don't worry about carrying with one in the chamber. In a pressure situation I don't want to have to remember to rack the slide.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

To all the Nano friends here I have a set ( One ) of the Talon grips in Granulate texture that I will gladly send you. All you have to do is contact me and if you want to send something back OK ,if not I am a firm believer in Pay it Forward :) I wanted the rubber ones and they are on the way .....
    Last edited by Cheesewiz; February 6th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanoman View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks
    Jeff
    I carry mine chambered. Carry it in a decent holster that covers the trigger and you will be fine.

Thanks for the replies Gents. I had read about the long pull and finally got to shoot her today, about 50 rounds. Not really that hard to get used to, and I also learned that my followup shots are not as accurate as the first one. Ordered a Talon rubber grip and some Pierce extensions this evening. That should help? have a Remora and a Foxx holster coming too. Can't wait to run some rounds thru it...............

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links