CZ 07

This is a discussion on CZ 07 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just bought new cz, although it shoots really nice and is very accurate, it hates hardball ammo....put 150 rounds through it and had many failure ...

Thread: CZ 07

CZ 07

just bought new cz, although it shoots really nice and is very accurate, it hates hardball ammo....put 150 rounds through it and had many failure to ejects and several FTF..... put 50 rounds of several types of hollow points through it with absolutely no problems...... anybody have a clue as to what is wrong??
    virg

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not sure, I've read about some of their .40 varieties having some FTF/FTE problems. You shooting the .40 or the 9mm version?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have a CZ85B. When I first got it, I had an FTF in almost every magazine I shot in the first 300 rounds. I now have over 1,200 rounds of reloads (FMJ) through it and it never jams. Just keep shooting yours for a while and see if it doesn't free itself up.

Another suggestion I would make is that you pop over to The Original CZ Forum - Index, introduce yourself and post your concerns on the P07 sub-forum. You will find lots of nice people, and quite a few tips about your situation.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I have a CZ and love it. I've only heard problems with polymer CZ's, most notably the P07 and polymer RAMI. The Phantom appears to have no issues.
    Czforumsite.info has comments on problems with the P07.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    What caliber?

What ammo are you having problems with?

Since you aren't having any problems with JHP, most likely the recoil spring needs to break in some to handle the lower powered ammo.

I am going to guess 9mm, Federal target ammo (like they sell at walmart) or UMC.
    Last edited by High Altitude; January 24th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Exactly. We need to know the caliber first. 9mm have virtually no problems....
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

cz

i have the 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by virg View Post
    i have the 9mm
    What brand/type of ammo where you using that was causing problems?
    Last edited by High Altitude; January 25th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    What brand/type of ammo where you using that was causing problems?
    Definitely would like to know this.

According to the manual the CZ 75 P-07 Duty performs best when you feed 124 gr ammo through it. Now, saying that, I've ran all kinds of ammo through mine. 115gr Federal plinkers, crappy Wolf ammo, +P JHP, etc. Never had any FTF, FTE...

Have you been over to the CZ forum? There are some experts on there and CZ monitors it, so they might have same advice...
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

thanks yall.....i tried several different brands of hardball practice ammo, all 115gr. amazing to me that i had no problem with any type of hollow point ammo.

thanks yall.....i tried several different brands of hardball practice ammo, all 115gr. amazing to me that i had no problem with any type of hollow point ammo.
    Keep shooting it. Most likely the recoil spring needs to break in some. If it doesn't get better, contact CZ USA.

There is your problem. CZs don't like light loads during the break-in period. The springs are still tight. Try a heavier load for the first 300 rounds, or just sit there and rack your slide about 20 times per hour for several days and it will limber up. I had the same problem with my CZ.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links