Ruger p95

Ruger p95

This is a discussion on Ruger p95 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a ruger p95 from a friend of mine the other day. He bought it new about 3 months ago and it has ...

Thread: Ruger p95

Ruger p95

I picked up a ruger p95 from a friend of mine the other day. He bought it new about 3 months ago and it has had maybe 250 rounds down the pipe. I took it to the range Saturday and I love it. I did notice that the magazine is "kinda sloppy" in the handle. Is it just me or do all p95 have a sloppy fit in the handle? When I pop a mag in it clicks in place and drop 1/16 to maybe 1/8 inch. I know its not alot, but its enough. Does anybody else have this problem?

Jeff

No. My factory and Mecgar mags both click in solid and stay put. Mine is a much older P95 though.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    I picked up a ruger p95 from a friend of mine the other day. He bought it new about 3 months ago and it has had maybe 250 rounds down the pipe. I took it to the range Saturday and I love it. I did notice that the magazine is "kinda sloppy" in the handle. Is it just me or do all p95 have a sloppy fit in the handle? When I pop a mag in it clicks in place and drop 1/16 to maybe 1/8 inch. I know its not alot, but its enough. Does anybody else have this problem?

Jeff
    Is it the same with a loaded mag? Sometimes magazines feel loose if the spring tension isnt pushing it down. An empty mag obvioulsy has less tension

...some of my Ps rattle the mag a bit...some don't...long as it feeds well...is yours a rail or pre-rail model? stainless or blue? decocker or safety model...I love the older Ps...89, 95...90,97...you've got a great weapon...as long as that's a factory Ruger mag, not to worry...

Maybe you could try a new mag? I bought a used p 85 and have put almost 1000 rounds through it and never had any issue of any kind.

Ruger has good customer service. if you talk to them they will likely fix it for you as well.

Sponsored Links