Which CZ is best? - Page 2

Which CZ is best?

This is a discussion on Which CZ is best? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can remember reading some negative reviews on the CZ Duty. I was wanting to get one but was turned off by the bad reviews. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which CZ is best?

I can remember reading some negative reviews on the CZ Duty. I was wanting to get one but was turned off by the bad reviews.

Don't know if this counts but Dan Wesson makes some great pistols under the CZ flag also.
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0331 View Post
    Alright yeah Ill deff try to get my hands on one and see what I think, I just am a very firm believer in muscle memory, and have developed a muscle memory to NOT use a safety. I guess Ill just have to train myself to take the safety off cuz I love the look/specs of these cz's. Thanks for the help guys, now lets see If I can find one
    Or get the PCR or P-01 and go with a decocker. The DA trigger pull is quite a bit heavier, but it'd be easier to train from not using a safety in your G17. Instead of having about a 5-6 lb. pull on your 17, you'd have something closer to 10-12 lbs, but then your follow up shots would be back in the 5-6 lb. range.
    0331 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Go with the P-01.

Basically CZ's version of a glock 19.

You can do a trigger job and put on some slim grips.

It will give a glock a run for its money any day of the week.

My P-01 is my favorite pistol.

Pcr compact. Had one sold it and wish I still had it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Go with the P-01.

Basically CZ's version of a glock 19.

You can do a trigger job and put on some slim grips.

It will give a glock a run for its money any day of the week.

My P-01 is my favorite pistol.
    When I decided to switch over to a 9mm for CC, I struggled a bit between a P-01 and a Glock/M&Pc. After a lot of playing around and pondering, I ended up with a G19. Between a decent trigger job and slimmer grips, it stopped making sense to try and make something that wasn't a Glock, more Glock-like, at the cost of several hundred dollars over a Glock.

I own, and love to shoot, a CZ 75 BD, so I'm sold on the quality of the CZ. It's a beautiful gun and it really feels nice, but at the end of the day it just made more sense from a defensive standpoint to go with the G19.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    well I think im set on the cz 75 compact (I like that it doesnt have rails), another question I have regarding the cz's is how do people like using them for carry, since its a double action single action, do most of you guys who carry them run them like a 1911 in single action with the safety, or do you run it like a glock and manually decock the hammer, OR do you run it half cocked, havent been able to get my hands on one and just want to make sure it will be good for carry, I would like to carry with a round in the chamber in double action but I dont want to have to manually let the hammer fall and then ND because I get complacent doing it daily. Just let me know your opinions thanks guys,
    If not having rails is one of the criteria your looking for and you prefer being able to de-cock it over a manual safety and carrying it cocked and locked. Then definitely consider the PCR. Non-railed, de-cocker and alloy frame so you save a little weight over the Compact.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

A couple of years ago, my wife decided that she no longer wanted to carry her SP101, she never did like the trigger pull and didn't like to practice with it. She wanted a lighter semi-auto. Off to the gun show we went with a pocket full of cash to purchase whatever she wanted to carry. She tried the Glock's, Sig's, Ruger's, S&W's etc. Nothing fit her hand, or felt better to her than a old CZ 82. It was the least expensive of all the guns she looked at. I tried to talk her out of it 'cause it was only $200.00 and the guns finish was not perfect. My wife was would not budge, "The CZ just feels right and that is the gun I'm gonna carry". Needless to say we left the gun show with the CZ.

Next stop, LGS to buy the Makorov ammo, then to the range. The CZ 82 is a 12 + 1 double stack. My wife can drive nails with the CZ. It has never had a FTF and has performed flawlessly. The CZ is her EDC and I couldn't be happier for her.
    Alex_C likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

The P-01 or the PCR would be a great choice. I have the P-01 and got one with a nice trigger right out of the box. The alloy frame is lighter than the all steel CZ75 compact also. My P-01 is easy to carry all day.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I second jackson's recommendation of the CZ-82. As a collector of military surplus, I have one in my collection and used it for carry for quite a while. Built like a tank yet is probably the most comfortable and best fitting grip on any of my handguns. Mine is ex-police and therefore chambered in 9x18mm Makarov, but you can get them in .380 ACP also.

well I think im set on the cz 75 compact (I like that it doesnt have rails), another question I have regarding the cz's is how do people like using them for carry, since its a double action single action, do most of you guys who carry them run them like a 1911 in single action with the safety, or do you run it like a glock and manually decock the hammer, OR do you run it half cocked, havent been able to get my hands on one and just want to make sure it will be good for carry, I would like to carry with a round in the chamber in double action but I dont want to have to manually let the hammer fall and then ND because I get complacent doing it daily. Just let me know your opinions thanks guys,
    It's great that you have options when carryin gthe 75B. When I do carry my CZ75B (OWB), I carry it half cocked and safety off. The DA trigger is heavy enough that I feel comfortable without the safety.

Which CZ is best?

Google CZ Customs and buy yourself the best carry gun available - Pro-tek 1 or 2!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links