Which CZ is best?

Which CZ is best?

This is a discussion on Which CZ is best? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking for my next gun and have been a Glock fanatic and thats all I currently have. Ive been reading reviews on the CZ's, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which CZ is best?

Which CZ is best?

Im looking for my next gun and have been a Glock fanatic and thats all I currently have. Ive been reading reviews on the CZ's, specifically the P-01 and was wondering if anyone had a preferable CZ that they could suggest.. Looking for a 9mm for carry, so any CZ that is a 9mm and isnt too large(carried G17 for a while so not too picky). Im waiting to see a bad reveiw on this gun so I can just got get a gen 4 19 but havent heard anything yet, so I thought I would consult with my fellow addicts. Thanks

The CZ P-01 and CZ 75 Compact D PCR are, IMO, hard to beat. Have carried the P-01 since 2006. It's a bit smaller than the Glock 17.

Extremely reliable, very accurate, light enough to carry all day. A bit thick, but this is about its only detriment. Large, easy to manipulate controls.

CZ P-01 review
    TX expat likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I don't think you'll find any bad reviews on the P-01. If you want a SA/DA type of 9mm for carry, it'd be an excellent choice.

If you can find either a P-01 or a G19, you're doing better than most of America right now...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I had the cz 2075 rami p40,for not quite a yr.I didn't have any trouble with.That said,i didn't shoot but around 300 rds before it was stolen.It may be something to look at.

I'll vote for the Rami 2075 BD. As with each CZ I've shot in the past, an excellent pistol, accurate as a laser and comfortable enough to carry all day long. Quality is typical CZ--outstanding! The fact that it comes standard with tritium night sights is just one more positive for this pistol.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

It'll be a long, cold wait before you hear anything but praises for a CZ75 Compact. I wanna' have one converted to SAO for EDC!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The only bad thing about CZ is that they are hard to find.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

You are on the right track with the P-01. I have a P-01 and it's one of the most comfortable pistol for my hand. The trigger is not great out of the box but it's not bad. After dry-firing and some time at the range, the grittiness of the trigger went away. Good ergo and very natural to point and shoot.

The P-07 Duty is a great alternative to the P-01. Same trigger/ergo as the P-01 but with a polymer frame. P-07 is more readily available than the P-01.

Bought my wife a CZ 2075 RAMI BD in 9mm. It is a fantastic shooter! Took 6 months to get it from CZ, but it was absolutely worth the wait. Readily fits the holsters I have for my S&W M&P 40c.

My wife does not shoot frequently but the first time she went to the range with it, her first 14 shoots were all on a 2" post-it note at 10 yards. VERY easy to shoot!
    JayHawker45 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I have carrying a n original all steel CZ-75 for over a year now and shot it quit often. a friend of mine has a CZ-SP01 and love it too. Gun Shows are you best bet to find the CZ you want.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

VIP Member
    Good luck finding a bad review. I have the P-01 and my wife has the 75 Compact. The PCR is basically a P-01 without rails, both are alloy frame and de-cocker. The Compact is a steel frame with manual safety.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I only have an SP-01 (too big for carry) from the CZ family but have heard nothing but good about the P-01. I haven't heard much on their newer polymer framed pistols but their metal framed pistols are just awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 2075 RAMI or the P-01.

well I think im set on the cz 75 compact (I like that it doesnt have rails), another question I have regarding the cz's is how do people like using them for carry, since its a double action single action, do most of you guys who carry them run them like a 1911 in single action with the safety, or do you run it like a glock and manually decock the hammer, OR do you run it half cocked, havent been able to get my hands on one and just want to make sure it will be good for carry, I would like to carry with a round in the chamber in double action but I dont want to have to manually let the hammer fall and then ND because I get complacent doing it daily. Just let me know your opinions thanks guys,

VIP Member
    I think you need to get your hands on one. They only work the way they work. The 75 compact only comes with a safety, no decocker. The P-01 and PCR only come with a decocker, no safety. If it only has a safety, you don't decock it and then carry it with a round in the chamber, that's dangerous. If it has a safety, you carry it cocked and locked. If it has a decocker, it will decock into a half cocked position, so that's how you'll carry it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Alright yeah Ill deff try to get my hands on one and see what I think, I just am a very firm believer in muscle memory, and have developed a muscle memory to NOT use a safety. I guess Ill just have to train myself to take the safety off cuz I love the look/specs of these cz's. Thanks for the help guys, now lets see If I can find one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links