Just bought my first ccw. - Page 3

Just bought my first ccw.

This is a discussion on Just bought my first ccw. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice pistola and welcome to DCF. Even better news you don't have to load your SD weapon with FMJ's like you did in your military ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just bought my first ccw.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Nice pistola and welcome to DCF. Even better news you don't have to load your SD weapon with FMJ's like you did in your military career; get some good HP's like Gold Dots, Ranger, Win. Bonded, etc. and that 9millie will be much more effective. Just to give a couple of options on holsters: in Kydex I like Dale Fricke and Garrett Industries; leather Milt Sparks, Kramer and High Noon. Don't forget a purpose designed gun belt, you will be better concealed and more comfortable. Again, welcome.
    Last edited by matthew03; January 26th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Nice train hard!!

Thank you for your Service. And congrats on the M&P!

Welcome from Wisconsin! Excellent choice in a firearm.
    Thank you for your service!!

Welcome to DC and congrats on your first CC pistol. Great choice.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

I picked up my M&P9c 2 wks ago and like you had a hard time finding it. After calling 21 gun shops in my immediate area I found my new carry piece. It's been flawless for the first 350 rounds and what's more I'm significantly more accurate with it than any other of my pistols (Kahr CW9, Walther PPS, Glock36, G23 G4). Yesterday I dumped all 12 rnds as fast as I could into a group the size of my fist at 5 yds. I also went with an MKII holster from Double Tap Holsters with some slight modifications requested. I'd highly suggest a thin custom Kydex holster from pjholsters.com or doubletapholsters.com. Enjoy your M&P!! You've certainly made a fine choice!

You just made a lot of people envious. Nice choice and welcome aboard.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Re: Just bought my first ccw.

Congrats and welcome. I have the full size m&P9 and really dig it. Smooth shooter.

I'm a little late to reply to this, I see it is about a week old thread. In any event, to the OP -thanks for your service. That is a fantastic gun. I shot one for the first round of my CCW range qualifications. I had handled a lot of different platforms and I gravitated to the S&W M&P's because of the ergonomics - they feel good in my hands. When I got to try one out in class I jumped at the chance. What a great shooting gun. I liked the 9c so much I bought a 40c for the heavier round while retaining the same exact platform. Since then I EDC the 40c. My 3 carry positions are: Crossbreed Supertuck IWB at about 4:00-4:30 EDC concealed with tucked in polos or button-down shirts, DeSantis Speed Scabbard if I'm out shopping or whatever and have a coat/jacket on = not buried under layers of clothes, or an Uncle Mikes #4 pocket holster (yes, I do pocket carry this gun - and I'm not a big guy either, 5'10" 130lbs).

I will say that the 9mm version, for me, does shoot better than the .40. I am not where I want to be with it yet. I also have the extended mag/grip extension, but I added it. The grip extension I have is the generic X-grip, not the S&W X-grip version. It works fine though. I like the full grip a lot, but due to the longer length I don't carry with that mag - its my backup sometimes.

Welcome and THANK YOU.

I have held a couple of them and they seem to be a great gun. Those that own one love them!

For my first CCW I acquired a Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm. Thinking about getting a Desantis Speed Scabbard for it.

Any thoughts?

Again....thank you for serving!

I'm glad this thread made back up to the top! Congrats on your new firearm and thank you for your service.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

1. Thank you for your service
    2. Welcome to the forum
    3. Very nice pistol choice

Enjoy!!

Great choice! Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links