Defensive Carry banner

Just bought my first ccw.

4K views 43 replies 42 participants last post by  DandLfam 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my first ccw purchase with the crowd. After obsessing over this for an entire week (ask the wife) I finally made a decision that I feel really happy about.

Quick story about myself. In the Army I was issued an M9 which I shot a perfect 50/50 from my first qualification to my last. So the fact that I've always shot a 9mm extremely well played a huge part in my final decision. Not saying I'm a professional, just saying I've always felt extremely comfortable shooting the 9mm platform.

With that being said, I set my eyes on the S&W M&P9c which due to recent events has been an extremely hard weapon to find. After a lot of searching I did happen to find the Talo edition, which is fantastic since I wanted the extended mag for the range anyway :-D

Attached is a pic, just a standard 9c :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

Thank you for your service.

Enjoy your new pistol in good health.

Regards,

FlaRon :urla9ub:

#24 ·
Great choice!

Still waiting for my bought & paid for M&P 40C. I was told it could be as long as 3 months before the received a S&W shipment. Possibly longer for M&P 9Cs. I'm presently armed so not a big thing with the deal I got - With the LEO/Security/Military discount it cost $455 with Trijicon night sights, 3 mags, the store might throw in a holster & I might get a further $50 Military rebate from Smith or $50 in accessories (if mags are available I might opt for that or put it towards a MM barrel & mag).

My son turned me on the M&Ps. Both of us are Glock guys & he has my old duty G23 & a G21 of his own but he told me about the M&P 40 he was issued at the Police Academy & loves it. He still loves his Glocks, though & uses the G23 & .45 cal G21 foir off duty carry but his research (& mine) showed that the M&P Compacts are good weapons along with the store & possible manufacturer's Military discount made it a no-brainer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.