The Rest of my Kahr PM-9 Story

This is a discussion on The Rest of my Kahr PM-9 Story within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 6-Sep-06 I posted about problems I was having with a Kahr PM-9. Now the rest of the story follows: I really wanted the Kahr PM-9 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rest of my Kahr PM-9 Story

6-Sep-06 I posted about problems I was having with a Kahr PM-9. Now the rest of the story follows:

I really wanted the Kahr PM-9 to work............

I bought a brand new Kahr PM-9 because of the size. I had planned on purchasing a Glock 26 or perhaps the compact Springfield but when I saw the Kahr PM-9 and the size - Well...... I bought it.

I have just received my full refund from the Kahr factory on the PM-9.

Failure to Feed/Battery were chronic using all types of ammunition and after sending it back to the Kahr factory to be worked on to no avail. I cleaned it and lubed it during shooting sessions, used +P and regular loads of multiple high quality mfgs of ammunition. Used 6 and 7 round magazines, including new ones. I went thru ~ 1,500 to 2,000 rounds trying to break it in and get it to function reliably - and I just gave up after the factory failed to address the FTB/FTF issues.

I must say that Ms. Dottie Herold at Kahr is great and that she is very good at customer service. I cannot fault Kahr's customer service. But when I pay ~$600 for a CCW gun that I will depend upon to protect me and my family - well I expect it be able to at least shoot the 7 rounds in it without FTB/FTE.

I bought a Glock 26 and it eats anything I put in it. I have total confidence in the Glock. I carry the Glock in a Tucker Cover IWB when wearing jeans and a shirt tucked in. For shorts and T-shirt which is most everyday in Houston I use the Safe Carry (Thunderwear).

I am not a Khar basher. This is just my experience. I will stick with Glocks as their record and proven reliability is unparalleled.

I really wanted the PM-9 to work..............

I know my Glock 26 will work !!!!!!!

Thanks, gamboolman

Good to hear that they took care of you after all was said and done.

The Glock will serve you very well. My G19 has been nothing but reliable with every type of ammo for over 2-3,000 rounds.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Thats to bad and goes to show everyone makes a lemon no matter who they are

I know my Glock 26 will work !!!!!!!
    Me too, that's why I've carried one exclusively...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Administrator
    That is to bad, I really like my Kahr. Some can be a bit touchy.
    Oh well,even though the gun did not work for you, it sounds like Kahr did.

You can't go wrong with Glock....

got my first glock in 1990. it was a replacement duty gun. now,, over my duty gun,, i have purchased several more glocks (9mm, 40s&w, 45acp). i like them and have never had any problems with them. no matter how i use them!!!! i run them hard at the range and i have never had any problems with them (reloads and factory ammo). i have look at the kahr brand, they look good, fit my hand, and are small. but it has been hard to buy another brand when glock has worked for me. at this time the only other gun that i have found to work well for me is the kel-tec p11 and p3at. ok, i known i will make the 1911 group mad when i say this (1970/1980 i was a 1911 man, have several still, don't carry them on/off duty, fun at the range day guns) ok, my 2 cents worth.

I also have a new Kahr. I've had mine for a few weeks and have run about 150 rounds through it without a hiccup.

I'm glad to hear that they've made good on the lemon.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I've had a PM9 for a little while now and have put several hundred rounds through it without a problem. I too like it because of it's size, weight, and concealability...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Glad Kahr made good on the pistol for you . As many others state my pm9 is a fine little pistol , with no issues . From reading online , and asking a fiew folks , it appears that the chances of problems are less if the serial no starts with vb or later , it seems to me the earlier ones have more than thier share if issues . I am not shure but i think the vb prefix came along about the time kahr changed the spec on barrells , not saying that was or is the issue tho . There is just not enough info avalable to really know imho .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    good it turned out as well....

Enjoy the GLOCK, the peace of mind is priceless....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience with that PM9. It is good that they (finally) just gave you your money back.

I have a PM9 and a P45 and am tickled to death with them. But I guess some specimens just don't work. Phooey.

I'm very happy to here you got your money back! I've had the same issues with my MK9. I've been debating about what to do with it, I'm going to call Kahr and see what they say. I have three Glocks, 26, 19, 17, and they have all been 100%. My 26 and 19 are my primary carry pistols

have a buddy who purchased a kahr .40. experienced the same problems. They eventually built him a new gun
    Nick
    He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day

It is nice to find a gun that works...

It sucks going through the ordeal of trying to get a gun to function like it should. Aside from the time and frustration, it can get very costly (i.e. buying mags, ammo, etc.) Recently spent close to $500 trying to get a Colt Defender to function. Ultimately wound up trading it in for a Glock 30 that has been flawless. Could have bought 3 Glocks for the amount of money I put into that Colt. Now you can carry w/ confidence.

Frankly, I tell newer shooters of these stories, and encourage them to simply buy a Glock and be done with it...then in some circles you get all that "tactical tuppreware" and "block" gibberish. They aren't pretty, but they shoot well, so well that I and many others trust our lives to them.

Buy a Glock for Christmas...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links