smith and wesson shield how every one getting them - Page 2

smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

This is a discussion on smith and wesson shield how every one getting them within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally settled on the Shield in July. I had called around and around for several days with no luck, but finally decided to gamble. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

I finally settled on the Shield in July. I had called around and around for several days with no luck, but finally decided to gamble. You can get on a wait list almost anywhere, but if you decide t pay for it, you move to the top of the list at one of the largest stores in my state. So I paid for it. Ordered July 2nd, picked up September 1st.

Granted now a days that's asking a lot but it might work for you.

I currently have another unicorn on order so waiting for the Shield was a good exercise in patience.

I bought one friday at my lgs. Biggest Smith dealer in the state. It was test fired on Jan 18.

Really nice shooter, glad to finally have one...
    Bark'n likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    My brother just bought one from a member on a S&W forum. The member had bought it for his daughter and she didn't like it. That's a sweet little pistol.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I've lost a lot of respect for Smith & Wesson over this one. I held one the first week they came out last April, and haven't seen one since. This is a $350 gun going for whatever the gun shops
    can wring out of their customers. Due to lack of supply by Smith & Wesson everyone is paying way too much for this gun. All I heard was how well Smith & Wesson prepared for all the aftermarket
    things like sights and holsters before the gun was introduced. Super....however, they forgot to ramp up production on the gun so all the aftermarket goodies are a joke.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Our LGS had one...bought it....shot it.....sold it a few weeks later. Not a bad little gun, just wasn't too impressed after owning a P938 and Solo CDP. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I would love to find a 9mm but I don't want to harass the LGS. The one I stopped at today got a bit rude if I asked if they had any. Tomorrow I am going to start calling some of the others about an hour away.
    Oof. Sounds like you need a new gun shop. Getting rude with a customer for wanting a hard to find gun? Totally un-called-for. The employees at mine were cheering for me for being the lucky one to get it. I haven't doubt yours are the types who would put it on gunbroker rather than sell it to you. I saw one go for nearly $1300 on there last week! Wouldn't sell mine for that.
    Bark'n likes this.

smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

S&W did not anticipate such a strong response to the shield. They had produced 7,000 9s before release thinking that would give them a good supply to start but they were overwhelmed. They have even added a third shift to the shield line so they are literally making shields 24 hours a day and cannot meet market demand. I will find one some day. Hopefully sooner than later.
    Bark'n likes this.

Re: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

Post over on the S&W forum. Helpful group there that may point you to a dealer w one in stock.

Re: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

Quote Originally Posted by Kcabear View Post
    S&W did not anticipate such a strong response to the shield. They had produced 7,000 9s before release thinking that would give them a good supply to start but they were overwhelmed. They have even added a third shift to the shield line so they are literally making shields 24 hours a day and cannot meet market demand. I will find one some day. Hopefully sooner than later.
    Sheesh. Every time I go to a lgs I literally get laughed at. Like 4 diff ones. They just say ya. You and the rest of us. I want a 40 for me a 9mm for wife

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

VIP Member
    I am not in the states so I have a "fixer" so to speak find me guns. He put in my order and paid three months ago I think and got it in January for a normal price. The combination of the popularity of the Shield and the panic buying all contributed to the shortages.

I figured I would have a hard time finding mags but they were readily available at normal prices. I have seen several on gunbroker and on the forums for sale. I believe there is one on the S&W forum now.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    I think Shields are much like Bigfoot, lots of people say they exist, but I've never seen one.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by birdog View Post
    Any Shield owners work on their triggers yet? I just installed a powder river precision spring kit on my XD-S and the trigger dropped 2 lbs to 4.5.
    I did the Burwell DIY job..... It moved it from 6 to 4.5

The Sheild may not need a trigger job, i did mine to match exactly my M&P 45C.

If i only had the Shield i probably wouldnt have done it
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Maybe things are changing. My LGS got two different shipments in the past week.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    One LGS here announced in an email newsletter twice, that they had ordered 4 or 5 Shields and would be getting them soon. Both times all were sold within a few hours of the email release long before the shipment was to have arrived.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

My brother in Georgia just received his Shield. He ordered it last August I believe.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links