smith and wesson shield how every one getting them - Page 4

smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

This is a discussion on smith and wesson shield how every one getting them within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dben002 Well I have it down to two choices....the shield or the G26..having a lot of trouble deciding.....the only good thing is ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Well I have it down to two choices....the shield or the G26..having a lot of trouble deciding.....the only good thing is with either one I seem to have some time to think on it before I can lay hands on either one.
    I bought the Shield because I was specifically wanting a single stack sub compact. I still carry an XD9sc so I would have no problems with the G-26. Or even a G-19.

I carry a high capacity as my primary weapon. Right now it's either the XD9sc or a full size M&P9.

If you plan on only carrying one gun at a time, I would go with the Glock 26. If you abolutely need a small capacity pistol, or carry a back-up gun most of the time, get the Shield.

You won't go wrong with either guns, but if you can focus on how it fits your needs, you should be able to decide. That's what it came down to when I make choices.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

For me, I happened to be at the right place at the right time. All the LGS's around my area had waiting lists which were high double digits deep with customers wanting a Shield. I planning on just waiting for supply to catch up with demand, figuring I would be waiting for about a year or so for one. A buddy and I walked into a new gun shop, saw just one Shield in the display case. I asked if it was spoken for or was it on display for purposes of a waiting list. Was told no on both questions. I said "SOLD!!!!!" 20 minutes later I was at the range shooting my new Shield. Paid $425 OTD.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I think Shields are much like Bigfoot, lots of people say they exist, but I've never seen one.
    I've held one. The stores here keep one that's not for sale. They let you order one if you want.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links