smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

This is a discussion on smith and wesson shield how every one getting them within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; when will they make more my lgs is having a hard time finding me one how every one getting them i dont want to over ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

when will they make more my lgs is having a hard time finding me one how every one getting them i dont want to over pay for one either but would like some advice on where to find one

Re: smith and wesson shield how every one getting them

I found mine at Academy Sports foe $ 389. Just walked in one day and there she was, in the gun cabinet.

Nilloc got a DEAL. I got mine for $425. Called all the gun shops within 25 miles and luckily one had just gotten one in. Drove down there that day and picked it up!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Good luck. I love my Shield and highly recommend it.

I called my favorite gun shop the day they were announced back in April and got first on the list. I finally got it in October. The waiting list as of a few weeks ago there was up to 60 people just for the 9. Hang in there ,its worth the wait.

They are hard to find, no doubt. Two schools of thought on this: smaller gun shops where you can have relationships working for you might get you the "inside track." But much larger ones are going to be allocated more guns. I put both strategies to work. In the end, the bigger dealer strategy paid off for me. Doesn't hurt that I have friends there, too. The real key, in either case, is persistence, persistence, persistence. Nobody was trying harder than me to get one where I shop. Good luck!

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    One thing I am noticing is that more and more gun shop owners are putting pistols like this on gunbroker instead of selling them in their brick and mortar shops.

one of the LGS near me had one and it was really overpriced (based on availability i am sure). It eventually sold, but more than MSRP.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Any Shield owners work on their triggers yet? I just installed a powder river precision spring kit on my XD-S and the trigger dropped 2 lbs to 4.5.

I am in the same boat and searching for a Shield 9. Academy Sports say they are only available in the stores and it is a bit of a drive for me.

It also makes me wonder if they will up production any. I am sure that they know of the demand.

I was at my LGS and was browsing their display. Didnt see a shield so just asked. He said he jist got one in! Had in safe and said was keeping aside until someone asked for it dirrectly. It was a 40. I passed on it (not knowing how hard they may be to find even 6 months later) well about a month later i was in window shopping and asked again if they had one. To my luck he had a 9 set aside! Picked it up with no hesitation. I have put 970 rounds thru it. I have only had one malfunction. At around 800rounds had a failure to eject. Sad yes but still great track record and never regret even paying msrp

Quote Originally Posted by MP.carrying.MP View Post
    I was at my LGS and was browsing their display. Didnt see a shield so just asked. He said he jist got one in!
    I would love to find a 9mm but I don't want to harass the LGS. The one I stopped at today got a bit rude if I asked if they had any. Tomorrow I am going to start calling some of the others about an hour away.

LGS here has had three Shields. One if .40 and two in 9mm. I own the .40 and one of the 9's... Funny thing is, he had the first 9mm for close to 3 months before it sold. I asked him to call me whenever he got another. Picked up the two I have within a month of each other. He has been unable to get another since this past November.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Awesome pistol...... Love mine....40 cal version
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I got mine I believe was the 1st or 2nd week they were released. I didn't wait around too long, that's for sure.

I found one on my second or third phone call to local stores in my area. They had two of them. I asked them to please hold one of them for an hour and I'd be there. When I arrived, they were just finishing up the paperwork for some guy buying the other one. He wanted to buy both of them, but they said they had a hold on it. I was happy they honored my request.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links